About the team
All user actions (creating objects, drawing, or organizing and interacting with content) on and around Miro boards are being designed and developed by the whiteboard experience team in the Core product stream. This stream is foundational for Miro and directly impacts each user on our platform.
Next to board content our cross-functional team also creates the tools and interactions around the board, so users can find and manage content and projects, enable users to share and collaborate in real time, and use 3rd party apps or integrate board content with other workflows.
And next to doing so on desktop devices, we also design the Miro experience on smartphones, tablets, interactive meeting room displays, and digital whiteboards, so Miro users can collaborate from anywhere.
About the role
Miro has turned from an online whiteboard into a large-scale collaboration platform that includes millions of users and their accounts. As a Senior Product Designer for our Content Hub team you will solve the complex design challenges around structuring, organizing and re-using knowledge and intelligence at scale. This will help companies of all sizes to collaborate in new and more effective ways, with a strong emphasis on the enterprise segment.
You will work closely with product management and design leadership to identify and solve user problems as well as find new opportunities to create delightful interactions. This will make Miro customers feel empowered and successful in using the product and exceeding their expectations.
This role requires a strategic approach to problem definition and solution design, along with strong interaction, user experience and visual design skills to lead and shape our product at a fast-moving pace, whilst maintaining a high bar of product quality.
Designers participate in all steps of the value creation process: observing users and usage, defining problems and points of friction, exploring the potential solutions, testing both assumptions and solutions, then launching it, followed by measuring success.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs, and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days-a-week in office culture as our baseline.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with product management, user research and analytics to analyze and understand our target user, the context and the competitive landscape.
- Lead the end-to-end design process: from effective problem framing, through ideation, storyboarding and prototyping, ending with user validated high-fidelity designs
- Validate your solutions with real users and customers, using both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Collaborate with engineers to reach high-quality, delightful and bug-free products
- Help to grow our design team, improve processes, participate in broader design topics and activities
What you’ll Need
- 5+ years of product design experience
- Experience in creating complex, multi-input interactions, experiences and end-to-end flows, prototypes, with high-fidelity visuals
- Experience in validating design solutions using qualitative and quantitative methods
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Cross-functional collaboration mentality
Nice to have
- Experience using Miro
- Passion for complex problem solving and visual communication
- Experience with designing productivity apps
- Enjoy creating sophisticated prototypes
What’s in it for you
- Work and learn in a great, experienced and professional design team
- Fundamentally impact the way people work and collaborate
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.