About the team
Workflows stream is focused on end-to-end experiences for the most popular and impactful scenarios and user personas of Miro. It is one of the fastest growing areas of the business with a lot of opportunities to make significant impact and revolutionise the way people work together. While the core product stream is providing a visual collaboration tool that can be valuable across a broad set of use cases and personas, the workflows stream is diving deeper into specific needs and problems of selected personas ensuring that we optimise our solution for these.
Developers have freedom to experiment, to influence how collaboration on the Miro board would look like and think about our customers’ experience. Check it out on this awesome video!
About the role
We’re looking for an experienced backend engineer to join our engineering team in Amsterdam. In this role you’ll be responsible for building products powering online collaboration of millions of users all over the world. It's a unique opportunity to make a huge impact on how the future of online collaboration will look like.
What you’ll do
- Build the product that empowers teams all over the world to create the next big thing
- Collaborate with teams across Miro to improve our product, architecture, and engineering practices
- Mentor and coach less experienced engineers on the team
What you’ll need
- 8+ years of experience in software engineering
- 5+ years of experience building distributed systems using modern programming languages, frameworks, and technologies (we use Java, PostgreSQL, Redis, etc.)
- Experience working in an agile cross-functional team in a fast-paced environment
- Good communication skills
What’s in it for you
- Competitive equity package
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.