About the team
We are looking for QA engineers for several streams. A complete description of our QA process is here. Generally, the approaches are very similar, but we have some specifics for different streams. Сore Product teams are focused on fundamental user experience, no matter what the role of the user or customer is. These teams are working to ensure that everyone has an amazing user experience, including content creation, knowledge management, business logic, and collaboration. Core Product - very complex functional testing (including automation) here. There are two areas:
- Canvas. This is the complete freedom of action of the user. Also, there are a lot of technical challenges
- Business logic of management of users
Take a look at this board for an overview of all the teams.
Here you can take a closer look at the Core Product stream.
About the role
In our vision, Software development engineers in test (SDETs) are experts in their craft. As they are accountable for the quality of deliveries of the entire SCRUM team, SDETs bring needed practices to set up processes, and give convenient tooling, working with all kinds of tests.
There are a lot of complex technical solutions where tests are a guarantee of changes and important support of the development. We do not have time to test something today that we did yesterday. Our product is huge and we release changes every day. Our SDETs design efficient and smoothly working tests that reflect the best usage of our knowledge and technologies.
Another focus point is the high reliability of our product. It is a great opportunity to get experience building real-time products that should be perfect at all times, supporting millions of our users as they rely on Miro in their day-to-day life.
What you’ll do
- You will assist the team to ensure the quality of each new feature and new impactful technical tasks. Being involved at the beginning of the development cycle: creating acceptance criteria with a detailed analysis of business requirements and tech solution specifics. We do not test every regular task after the developer.
- You will ensure good quality of product by setting up a true QA process across the team collaborating with the team leader of the SCRUM team.
- You will help the team to prepare and write all kinds of tests: e2e and integration, non-functional, and enable low-level tests. Highly technical challenges will ensure that you will be employing your engineering skills on creating new solutions as needed.
- You will be conducting exploratory testing.
- You will directly improve QA processes in the team, design test strategies for tech components and develop your part of Miro according to your career dreams.
What you’ll need
- Proactiveness and systematic thinking to be able to structure works and achieve real high-quality results. Agile testing experience will help you a lot
- 2+ years of experience in manual (exploratory) testing, experience in applying various test design techniques, and the ability to create a vision and strategy regarding the quality of team components
- Strong expertise and skills in decomposing product requirements and designing a test scenario, experience in analyzing different types of technical testing, and choosing actionable items
- Responsible for team quality
- Strong programmer skills on the SDET level
- 3+ years’ autotests experience (preferred JS and TS or Java-friendly languages)
- Upper-Intermediate level of English or higher
Nice to have
- Close experience working with app code as a developer or low-level solutions for testing
- Performance testing experience on the frontend side
What’s in it for you
- Competitive equity package
- Weekly team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided
Our tech stack
- Frontend: TypeScript, Less, React Native, Webpack, Canvas API, AngularJS, CerebralJS
- Maven, Git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket
- AWS (S3, EC2), Docker, Linux
- Backend: Java 11, Spring (+Spring Boot), Hazelcast, Redis, PostgreSQL, TestNG & Mockito
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.