About the team
The Stream SRE team is distributed between Amsterdam and Berlin. The SRE engineers are embedded within local product feature teams and we are continuing to build a federated decentralized model supporting autonomous value delivery by teams. The Stream SRE team is working in close collaboration with the centralized SRE Cloud Automation, SRE Core Infra and Observability teams and there is a closed feedback loop working in both directions between the central and distributed teams.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the role
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. We are growing fast and are constantly accelerating, which requires an ongoing investment in our infrastructure and automation.
The Engineering Manager, Stream SRE will ultimately implement a federated SRE model and will enable local engineering teams across all product streams to operate autonomously and efficiently. This is a pivotal role which is cross-functional by nature: you will collaborate with engineering leads to understand their roadmaps and align with the SRE roadmap, help teams to productize their microservices and establish the right culture and tooling around service ownership and observability. It’s a very exciting opportunity to build a team and the processes from the ground up and scale ahead of the curve to meet our platform hyper-growth demands.
What you’ll do
- Lead, motivate and scale a team of Stream SREs who are permanently placed inside the development groups
- Ensure that engineering teams deliver reliable, scalable, and overall production grade quality solutions
- Engage engineering teams continuously to ensure that their SRE needs are met
- Understand business and technical requirements driven by local teams
- Act as a bridge between central SRE teams and Stream SREs
- Work closely with teams in different time zones
What you’ll need
- 5+ years as a manager of successful SRE/DevOps team working closely with developers
- Experience managing both individual contributors and managers
- Experience with working in AWS hosted environment
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform)
- Experience in configuration management (Ansible)
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with high-level language scripting (Python)
- Experience working in a highly diverse, multicultural and distributed organization.
- Result oriented, problem solving
- Solid understanding of various business domains within SaaS and how their needs translate into technical and infrastructure requirements
What's in it for you
- Competitive equity package
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.