About the team
In the Miro Enterprise team, our greatest goal is to empower large businesses to take control of our collaboration tools. This is vital because Miro is used by 99% of the Fortune 100! Thus our team focuses on ensuring that Enterprises are enabled to best use our product for all of their hybrid work needs.
You might be familiar with our product, now envision it's used by companies with over 100 thousand users. This scale of work requires Miro to build an additional set of features: advanced security, integrations with identity providers, user management and administration, data governance, and analytics. If these types of problems sound exciting to tackle collaboratively in a team, then the Enterprise team is the right match.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs, and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. When we return to the office, Mironeers will work in a hybrid model, with 3 days a week in the office in the heart of Amsterdam.
About the Role
This role will be responsible for our Governance and Compliance team. Together with your team, you will build features including automatic data classification, content lifecycle management, and subject access requests. The role consists of 50% hands-on technical work and delivery and 50% managing the team. This 50/50 work split is not a strict expectation of the role. As a Team Lead, work composition is dependent on the current needs of the team. As long as you and your team are able to hit your goals, you are free to allocate more of your time to either the technical or management responsibilities.
Our feature teams at Miro are composed of 3-5 engineers. Each team has a leader who helps the team be outstanding. Team leads drive team outcomes, productivity, and technical excellence. Team leads do not need to be experts of each subject matter, but they know how to choose the best management approach for reaching the team’s goals.
- Lead a team of 3-5 engineers (mix of Frontend and Backend)
- Identify growth opportunities, monitor performance and wellbeing of team members
- Iterate on inter- and intra-team processes
- Stakeholder and cross-team dependency management
- Participate in Architectural Design and perform code reviews
- Delivery management
- Ensure high quality on all work including testing and observability
- Plan team roadmap and backlog
- 2+ years of experience leading teams and a passion for developing others
- 6+ years of Software Engineering Experience
- Extensive experience in software development, including architecture
- Worked in international and diverse product based companies and speak business English
- Have excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills across several diverse technical and non-technical groups
Our tech stack
- TypeScript, React, React Native
- Java 11, Spring (Spring Boot), Hazelcast, Redis, PostgreSQL, TestNG & Mockito
- Maven, Git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket
- AWS (S3, EC2), Docker, Linux
What's in it for you
- Competitive salary and equity package (RSUs)
- Medical insurance coverage
- Pension plan
- Commute benefits: NS Business Card or reimbursement of your commute
- Budget to set-up your WFH equipment
- Monthly allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team (100+ nationalities)
- Office in the heart of Amsterdam with a flexible schedule and lunch, snacks, and drinks provided.
- Generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam
If you’re interested and love teamwork let’s have a chat and discuss the opportunity!
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.