About the team
Workflows stream is focused on end-to-end experiences for the most popular and impactful scenarios and user personas of Miro. It is one of the fastest growing areas of the business with a lot of opportunities to make a significant impact and revolutionize the way people work together. While the core product stream is providing a visual collaboration tool that can be valuable across a broad set of use cases and personas, the Workflows stream is diving deeper into specific needs and problems of selected personas ensuring that we optimize our solution for these.
Integrations Platform team is part of this stream and is intended to enhance user experience of the integrations used by selected personas.
Developers have freedom to experiment, to influence how collaboration on the Miro board would look like and think about our customers’ experience. Check it out on this awesome video!
About the role
Have you tried changing the engine of a flying aircraft? With hypersonic speed?
This is what we’re doing now at Miro - with tens of integrations already in use and many more to come, we are on a mission to enhance them by creating a platform which will help deliver an even better user experience in less time.
As Staff Software Engineer for the Integrations Platform, you will design and implement high-load distributed systems and infrastructure, making sure the outcomes meet our high quality bar. You’ll collaborate with teams and partners developing integrations to ensure the platform value. In addition, you will set up engineering processes and guidelines for maintaining stability and ongoing delivery.
Reporting to a Senior Engineering Manager in Workflows, you will work across the entire engineering organization to find opportunities to improve the platform offering for developers, and work with the Product Managers and Team Leads to build a strategy and roadmap for addressing these opportunities.
What you’ll do
- Collect requirements and shape a vision for the platform, align across the engineering organization
- Contribute to architecture and codebase of the platform, as well as other complex projects within the integrations area
- Increase overall engineering maturity in the area - mentor peers and improve quality of the processes
What you’ll need
- 10+ years of software engineering experience with at least 4 years in senior role (leading complex technical products across multiple teams)
- Experience building, launching and running critical, high-performance, distributed, fault tolerant systems
- Experience with migrations
- Experience with SOA and API design
- Experience with OAuth
- Strong background in Java/Spring
- Experience with AWS and Kubernetes
- Excellent communication and ability to influence both technical individual contributors and business partners
What's in it for you
- Competitive equity package
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.