About the role
The Enterprise Engineering team has Senior Staff level opportunities, which will drive value and impact across Miro's largest customers, for both Frontend and Backend focused engineering roles. In this position, you’ll work closely with engineers across multiple teams where you will lead the technical development of our Enterprise focused features. You will be responsible for discovering, prioritizing, and delegating technical challenges, putting together architectural designs, and implementing highly critical initiatives. With your support, Miro will increase the innovation delivered to its Enterprise customers!
About the team
The Enterprise team consists of over 35 engineers, mostly based in Amsterdam. The Enterprise department specifically deals with the needs of our biggest enterprise clients and directly impacts our top-line revenue. We use Enterprise customer feedback and requirements to discover how to evolve the product to be used and managed at scale. We do not build one-off features for specific customers. Additionally we use data to help our customers understand and drive the value they gain from using our tool. Our team continues to add new use cases for our biggest customers, this has led to outstanding retention and expansion.
As part of the Enterprise stream, you will have the opportunity to make one of the largest impacts on our business’ success! By delivering Enterprise-focused features, you will drive rapid adoption of our product by millions of new users. These features include security, user administration, data governance, and analytics.
What you’ll do
- Take ownership of a broad, evolving problem space and rely on your technical expertise to guide us through
- Hands-on code contribution and helping teams architect business-critical systems
- Leading large multi-team technical initiatives from design to delivery
- Increasing the speed and quality of development practices
- Decreasing the load and improve the performance our servers
- Championing the use of common components to reduce development time and drive consistency
- Improving observability across our services
- Build and lead a community of (senior) engineers with diverse skill sets and help them grow
What you’ll need
- 10+ years of software engineering experience with at least 6 years in Senior role
- Experience building, launching and running critical, high-performance, distributed, fault tolerant systems
- Excellent communication and ability to influence both technical individual contributors and business partners
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience with large scale data migration
- Experience with AWS, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Backend Engineer: Java and Spring
- Frontend Engineer: TypeScript and React
What's in it for you
- Option to be fully remote (CET or similar time zone)
- Competitive salary and equity package (RSUs)
- Weekly team activities (even virtually) to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a globally diverse team
- Inspiring workplace in the heart of Amsterdam
- Travel allowance for your commute
- Catered lunch, snacks, and drinks provided
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.