About the team
Miro’s Communications Team is a dynamic set of self-starters responsible for ensuring our unique story is told far and wide. This role will report to Miro’s Head of Communications and will also serve as a key advisor to members of the senior leadership team.
About the role
At Miro, we are all about bringing people together to create the next big thing. Our online whiteboard platform is an infinite canvas where cross-functional teams can come together to unlock creativity, strengthen collaboration, and rapidly innovate.
As Miro’s EMEA Communications and PR Lead, you will use your experience, energy and creativity to deliver a comprehensive communications program to help build Miro’s brand awareness in the EMEA market as part of the overall global communications program. The role touches a wide range of external audiences including media, Miro users, and partners, helping to ensure that Miro’s value and impact are well understood and appreciated.
What you’ll do
- Craft and implement a multi-channel communications strategy to educate and engage key personas and target media across the EMEA market, driving significant coverage and awareness for Miro
- Build Miro's narrative for the region, enabling teams to tell the Miro story in a way that resonates locally, and aligns globally
- Serve as a partner and strategic counsel to senior leaders regarding media and speaking opportunities
- Working cross-functionally with regional leadership, Product, Partnerships, and the People team, develop creative and thought-provoking platforms that position Miro and key employees as sought-after experts
- Oversee budgets and agency partners across the region
- Define, track and communicate metrics that highlight the impact of activities on Miro’s brand awareness in the EMEA region
What you’ll need
- 8+ years communications experience, with a focus on external communications/media relations in SaaS/technology a plus
- Proven understanding of and relationships with business and technology journalists and influencers across the EMEA market
- Track record of securing media coverage, developing compelling thought leadership programs, securing awards, and growing brand awareness in the region
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills, with an attention to detail in every aspect of work
- Excellent relationship management and cross-functional collaboration skills, with particular attention to executive support
- Inquisitive nature combined with a passion for creative, engaging storytelling in various forms
What's in it for you
- Competitive equity package
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Travel allowance for your commute
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly team activities (even virtually) to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global team
- Inspiring workplace in the heart of Amsterdam
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.