About the team
Core Product is the essence of Miro. It’s the most used and important part of the product for a user, and a critical ingredient for the success of our business. Within Core Product, the mission for the Design Platform team is to provide the foundations for Miro to deliver customer value faster with high quality.
There are two parts to the team - Canvas Accessibility and Design Systems. The goal for the Canvas Accessibility team is to make the Miro whiteboard accessible to everyone. To accomplish this, we collaborate closely with people with disabilities throughout the product development lifecycle and look to innovate by exploring ways to interact with and communicate complex spatial information through various modalities such as audio.
This position is based in Berlin and is open to remote candidates as well.
What you'll need
- 5+ years of experience building frontend applications using modern programming languages, frameworks and technologies
- Experience in working on development teams of 20+ people
- Expert knowledge and experience of accessibility and web standards such as WCAG, ARIA
- Experience using at least one of the following assistive technologies: JAWS, NVDA and/or VoiceOver
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships and work across a wide range of teams
- Design and drive technical solution highlighting risks, alternative solutions and architectural tradeoffs
- TypeScript, Canvas API (PixiJS), React, React Native, Electron, Redux, Less, Webpack, AngularJS, CerebralJS
- Java 11, Spring (+Spring Boot), Hazelcast, Redis, PostgreSQL, TestNG & Mockito
- Maven, Git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket
- AWS (S3, EC2), Docker, Linux
What's in it for you
- Competitive Equity Package
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly team activities (even virtually) to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.