About the team
Miro’s timeless mission is to empower teams to create the next big things. There are millions of creators, builders, and innovators motivated by making an impact to the world, and we aim to achieve our mission both by providing best solutions for collaboration and innovation by enabling peer to peer, company to company connection through building a powerful community where Miro users come together to solve the world’s biggest problems.
The Growth stream is all about activating value for end users. The teams build solutions by running a large volume of experiments, building viral loops and working on building user engagement with the product.
About the role
To better support our customers and their diverse payment preferences, we are looking for an experienced (Team Lead / Engineering Manager) to join our Payments team in Amsterdam. In this role you’ll have the opportunity to build and own a business critical component of Miro that processes transactions across the globe and lead a well established and staffed team of engineers.
What you’ll do
- Hire and develop new talent
- Develop and execute technical strategy for Payments at Miro
- Lead the Payments engineering team; be a role model, technically strong to help your team develop and be able to be hands-on when needed
- Establish a collaboration model with external stakeholders (Finance, Customer Success)
- Contribute as a hands on engineer
What you’ll need
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer using Java or any other object-oriented language
- 2+ years of experience leading an engineering team including hiring, personal development, performance management, delivery management
- Experience with building services and APIs
- Experience with running a service (monitoring, alerting, SLOs/SLAs, etc)
Nice to have
- Working experience as an engineer in finance / payments domain
- Awareness of common privacy and compliance standards (think GDPR, CCPA, SOx)
What's in it for you
- Competitive equity package
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Weekly team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.