About the team
The Miro Product Engineering Excellence team supports the product development organization with solutions for planning, releasing, and operating at scale. We’re building tools, running projects, and fostering collaboration with customer-facing teams to help our product development partners deliver value faster and more consistently to millions of users.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs, and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the role
This is a unique opportunity to scale product delivery in a cross-functional team capacity.
We’re looking for an experienced manager who will help us make the cross-company product development process effective, predictable and people-oriented. You will work with the Product, Engineering, Analytics and customer-facing teams to operate and meaningfully improve key practices.
You’ll deliver processes and drive projects through the product development lifecycle: from analysing user insights to changing in-product systems, and creating more efficient operational tools and processes. Your job will be to build a tight feedback loop with our partner teams, understand how the existing processes could improve, then prioritize changes and deliver on that plan.
You will be required to showcase excellent leadership, problem solving in ambiguity, project and process management, and communication skills across cross-functional stakeholders.
The role would require ability to influence business decisions through quantitative and qualitative insights that continually drive optimization of product development and user experience.
What you’ll do
- Drive alignment and efficiency around product development, launch, and iteration
- Design and help to improve product development processes within functional teams
- Design and launch large cross-functional processes and coordinate across stakeholders as needed to ensure the right resourcing, execution and communications are in place to deliver meaningful results
- Use a data-driven approach to help stakeholders find bottlenecks in the processes and resolve them
- Partner closely with Product, Engineering, Analytics and Marketing teams to solve scaling challenges and to coordinate cross-functional initiatives
- Research and implement new operational tools and processes to accelerate and streamline product delivery and user experience
- Develop reports and dashboards to empower key stakeholders
- Shape actionable recommendations about complex issues critically and concisely
- Mentor and coach people inside teams and teams to enable their growth
What you’ll need
- 7+ years of experience within the product development process in a software development company, thorough understanding of software development life cycle
- 3+ years of operational experience in a highly agile, project-based environment
- Familiarity with SaaS and cloud services engineering
- A data-driven approach to process optimization (analytical rigor)
- Solid track record of driving complex projects with many stakeholders to success
- Great facilitation skills, experience and understanding of how to conduct retrospectives, workshops, etc.
- Proven ability to lead by influence, by gaining trust from teams
- Problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical experience
- Curious, structured thinker, strong communicator
- Highly productive and motivated by solving hard problems
- Operate in a kind and low-ego way
- Not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get stuff done in a fast-moving, ever-changing startup environment
What's in it for you
- Competitive equity package
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Travel allowance for your commute
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during the WFH period
- Weekly team activities (even virtually) to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global team
- Inspiring workplace in the heart of Amsterdam
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.