About the team
Reporting to our Head of Global People Business Partners, you’ll be a leader within our nine-person function. You will work in close partnership with the senior leaders of Product and Engineering, as well as be a strategic guide for all executives in our Amsterdam Hub.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent who want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in-office culture as our baseline.
About the role
As Miro scales from 1,000 to over 2,000 employees in the next year, we need a Director of People Business Partners for Product and Engineering to grow the best technical teams in Europe. You will focus on evolving our talent strategy and building an outstanding implementation that is highly relevant for our Product and Engineering partners. You will also be the key culture leader for Amsterdam, our largest hub and home to our CEO, as well as broader Europe, where 70% of Mironeers are based. On day one, this role will lead a team of two dedicated senior People Business Partners who are already working with cross-functional teams that design and deliver our products. You will coach, align, and clear blockers to ensure they are working on the highest impact work and growing their skills.
Your understanding of all aspects of performance, talent, and culture in scaled and rapidly growing Product and Engineering teams will be vital for success. You will balance priorities and viewpoints to build practical and scalable plans that move our initiatives forward in tight partnership. This will require you to see the larger system, use data to guide and influence action, be comfortable with challenging conventions, and know when to apply the practices from the best firms that have gone before us.
What you’ll do
- Directly partner with our CTO and CPO and their leadership teams
- Ensure the design, customization and implementations of Product and Engineering Talent and Performance practices are effective
- Optimize our metrics-based approach and refine our reporting and analytics initiatives to ensure Product and Engineering leadership have relevant data-based insights
- Ensure the Product and Engineering People strategy translates into a strong impact on each team through People Business Partners
- Be an internal and external voice of Miro culture and core values for our Amsterdam and European offices and our technical organization
- Scale the People Business Partner function towards the highest impact interactions by shifting manual transactions to automated processes or operational support
- Provide mentorship and growth opportunities to the People Business Partners
What you’ll need
- 10+ years HRBP and HR generalist experience with at least 5 years in leadership roles
- Demonstrable experience as a HRBP for a scaled technical function (>300), supporting VP level partners
- Depth of knowledge of talent, performance, and developmental processes across the employee lifecycle in tech companies
- Ability to build trust with C-suite executives
- Strategic planning ability through aligning vision, goals, measures and tactics
- Data-driven with a validated ability to analyze data, turning data into insights, and action plans aligned with organization goals
- Exceptional coaching skills for Mironeers from across cultures
- Engaging presenter and facilitator
What's in it for you
- Competitive equity package
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Travel allowance for your commute
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly team activities (even virtually) to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global team
- Inspiring workplace in the heart of Amsterdam
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.