About the team
At Miro, we are connecting teams across the globe with a seamless online collaboration experience. We are a rapidly growing company with huge demand for frontend engineering and we are paying special attention to our technology foundation and consolidating frontend technologies into the dedicated frontend foundation engineering organization.
About the role
To keep the frontend foundation engineering organization focused and to steer the team in the right direction, we are looking for an experienced engineering leader to build out this engineering org and help it grow bigger and faster. Together with our architecture team you will create a strategy and execute it with the team.
We are looking for people from all backgrounds who want the opportunity to help build a future where there are no bounds to distributed and remote working, and an engineering leader who can drive the architecture and technical capabilities of Miro to the next level.
Location for the role can be discussed.
What you’ll do
- Lead and evolve Miro’s frontend foundation engineering organization
- Grow Miro’s frontend engineering culture values
- Develop a multi-year strategy for the frontend foundation team
- Build, communicate and execute technical strategy for the Miro’s frontend architecture
- Organize frontend community
What you’ll need
- Broad engineering and people management experience (SaaS B2B/B2C2B companies are a plus)
- Experience building sustainable technological foundation for frontend applications using React
- Experience on building and leading an engineering function of 15 to 25+ people as well as managing managers
- Strong prioritization and project management skills, understanding of business impact for various solutions
- Result focused, data-driven engineering strategy development skills
- Understanding trade-offs for different architectures, comfortable making decisions and argument them
- Proficiency in English and outstanding communication skills
- Stakeholder management
What’s in it for you
- Competitive equity package
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.