About the Role
As an Engineering manager Database group at Miro, your role will be to define the strategy and build a strong team that will work on a main Miro Database cluster to enable scale from hundreds of database instances to thousands with proper automation, observability, and incident management.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the Team
Miro is on a hyper-growth trajectory, scaling very fast and attracting world-class talent to support the business growth and stay ahead of the game. The engineering organization here is a unique group of people who are on a mission to create the best innovation platform out there.
The Infrastructure stream is all about product reliability, high-load, and high-available services. As part of the Infrastructure stream Database engineering group is aiming to provide a reliable and scalable solution for the main Miro's database clusters.
What you’ll do
- Building and leading one of the teams within the Infrastructure stream (people management, hiring, process development, and interfacing with other teams)
- Guide and mentor team members for their professional and career growth
- Develop a team plan to achieve quarterly OKRs on time and with excellent outcomes, closely collaborate with other teams to align dependencies and cross-team efforts
- Be a role model, technically strong to help your team develop and help when needed
- Contribute to the product architecture as a Backend/DBA Engineer: Solve technical problems of high scope and complexity, design and implement scalable and high-performing solutions, on-duty responsibility, and incident management
- Collaborate with teams across Miro to improve our product, architecture, and engineering practices
What you’ll need
- Experience building robust, high-scale, distributed systems in production environments
- Strong Backend experience. Java ecosystem is preferable. Data storage services: RDBMS (Postgres/MySQL), AWS DynamoDB/MongoDB, AWS S3
- Understanding of high-load architecture and SaaS infrastructure
- Knowledge and experience with AWS Cloud architecture
- Experience with incident management process and observability
- You are highly motivated to develop high-quality solutions quickly and without mentorship
- You have at least 2year of experience managing an engineering team, including hiring, personal development, performance management, delivery management
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English
What’s in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Travel allowance for your commute
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly team activities (even virtually) to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a globally diverse team
- Inspiring workplace in the heart of Amsterdam
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.