About the team
Miro’s timeless mission is to empower teams to create the next big things. There are millions of creators, builders, and innovators motivated by making an impact to the world, and we aim to achieve our mission both by providing best solutions for collaboration and innovation and by enabling peer to peer, company to company connection through building a powerful community where Miro users come together to solve the world’s biggest problems.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the Role
At Miro we are connecting teams across the globe with a seamless online collaboration experience. We are a rapidly growing company and such growth puts additional demand to the infrastructure for the product. To maintain the best in class product quality, stability and scalability, Miro is looking to hire the right individuals to focus on these efforts and steer the team in the right direction and help them drive the global technology roadmap in the company.
We are looking for people from all backgrounds who want the opportunity to help build a future where there are no bounds to distributed and remote working, and an engineering leader who can drive the architecture and technical capabilities of Miro to the next level, capable of withstanding the growing number of users and load.
What you’ll do
- Design and development of product architecture. Lead engineering efforts within a team or teams to design product and business logic architecture. Evaluate current state, combine years of development and multiple team responsibilities into a unified view from the technical perspective.
- Validate product ideas with internal architecture. A go to person for validating product ideas against internal architecture. Helping solve complex and ambiguous cases.
- Create Engineering Communities who together improve on how Miro’s code has to be written, stored and built. Help teams adapt to new recommendations and long term architecture direction and strategy.
What you’ll need
- 10+ years of software engineering experience with at least 5 years in senior role
- Experience building, launching and running critical, high-performance, distributed, fault tolerant systems
- Strong background in Java and experience with AWS and Kubernetes
- Excellent communication and ability to influence both technical individual contributors and business partners
- Experience of mentoring, and creating engineering communities within organisations
What's in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.