About the role
As a Senior UX Researcher at Miro, you’ll get to collaborate with your cross-functional partners – from Design, Product Management, Data Analytics, Engineering, Customer Success, and more – to define and prioritize the highest-impact research questions. You’ll design and conduct research studies that aim to explore problem spaces and audiences in more depth and uncover new opportunities. More importantly though, you’ll have the opportunity to leverage the insights from those studies to inform product decision-making. And, you’ll work closely with more junior researchers and non-researchers to provide them with support and guidance as they carry out their own studies.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the team
At Miro, the UX Research team is fully embedded in various product streams, while still operating as a tight-knit, centralized craft. Our mission is to guide decision-making across the organization through objective, accurate, and rigorous evidence-based insights. While UX Research processes are fully consolidated into the product development lifecycle, we still enjoy a high degree of ownership and autonomy over our work. We operate in a fast-paced environment, and get to have a direct impact on the millions of users who rely on Miro to collaborate and create the next big thing.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with your cross-functional partners to identify and prioritize the highest-impact research questions
- Conduct descriptive research (“what is happening today/historically?”) to better understand the full extent of the problem space they’ve been assigned to
- Conduct generative research (“what problems might we solve?”) to identify new opportunities your product team might tackle
- Conduct evaluative research (“how well does this solution work for our users?”) to gather feedback on potential solutions your product team might explore
- Experiments with different ways of sharing research findings to find the most engaging ones for your team
- Support more junior researchers and non-researchers in carrying out their own studies
- Through all this, you’ll contribute towards shorter-term roadmaps and longer-term strategies for your product area
What you’ll need
- 3-5 years conducting UX Research studies in a multidisciplinary team within product-led organizations
- Demonstrated business and/or product impact based on past research
- Expertise conducting descriptive, generative, and evaluative research
- Ability to collaborate with data analysts on such activities as designing experiments, interpreting behavioral data, triangulating research findings, defining success metrics, etc.
- Excellent English communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong stakeholder and project management skills
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to adapt to changing contexts in a fast-paced environment
What’s in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.