About the team
The Cross-Device Experience team is responsible for Miro’s success on all platforms beyond the desktop: tablets, smartphones, large interactive displays. We believe that touch and mobile devices have enormous potential to expand Miro’s value and create seamless and delightful user experience for all kinds of collaboration: remote, co-located, and on-the-go.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the role
As Miro introduces millions of people around the world to the power of visualizing and ultimately blends the physical and digital world to create a better-than-paper experience we’re looking for an experienced Team Lead to build and nurture the Cross-Device Experience team. We value Team Leads who are player-coaches. In this role, you will also actively contribute to the product as an engineer. It's a unique opportunity to build a team from scratch and make a huge impact on how the future of online collaboration will look like.
What you’ll do
- Building and leading the Cross-Device Experience team (people management, hiring, process development, and interfacing with other teams)
- Guide and mentor team members for their professional and career growth
- Develop a team plan to achieve quarterly OKRs on time and with excellent outcomes, closely collaborate with a product manager, designer, and other teams
- Be a role model, technically strong to help your team develop and be able to be hands-on when needed
- Contribute to the product as a frontend engineer, design solutions to complex problems, review code, etc.
What you’ll need
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- 3+ years of experience in managing development teams of 5+ engineers: mentoring, professional development, motivation, recruiting, and onboarding
- 2+ years experience in working with Scrum framework. Be able to facilitate any Scrum meeting to show how to conduct meetings effectively, take into account all the nuances in order to develop a quality product
- Strong expertise and skills in decomposing product requirements and designing a test scenario, experience in analyzing different types of technical testing, and choosing actionable items
- Strong communication skills in English (Upper-Intermediate level or higher)
- Upper-Intermediate level of English or higher
Nice to have
- 3+ years of developing products with similar complexity (graphical software, complex productivity software like spreadsheets, docs, games, etc.)
- Building the continuous process of rapid prototyping in code between product-design-engineering (we need design-oriented engineers that are good at rapid prototyping)
What’s in it for you
- Highly competitive salary
- Stock option grant
- Health insurance for you and your family
- Allowance to facilitate current remote working during WFH period
- Help with relocation when back in the office
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Yearly budget for professional growth, internal educational events
Our tech stack
- TypeScript, Canvas API (PixiJS), React, React Native, AngularJS, CerebralJS, Less, Webpack
- Java 11, Spring (+Spring Boot), Hazelcast, Redis, PostgreSQL, TestNG & Mockito
- Maven, Git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket
- AWS (S3, EC2), Docker, Linux
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.