About the Role
We want to enable every Mironeer to make data informed decisions. To achieve that, we need tools that allow individuals to build and consumer their own insights. We are looking for a Data Engineering leader that will lead a team contributing to building Miro's Data Platform. As a Team Lead for Data Engineering, you will contribute to Data Engineering's strategy and roadmap, grow Miro's Data Engineering talent and be a key player in the future of Data Engineering at Miro.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the Team
The Data Engineering team’s mission is to enable Miro and our users to make collaborative decisions through data and insight. Miro is a fast growing organization and the volume and variety of data we are dealing with is growing. We are building our Data Platform in AWS. We are using Airflow, Spark, Snowflake and other modern data technologies.
The team consists of people from various backgrounds so you will be collaborating with a diverse group; we work closely with our Data Scientists and Data Analysts. We have solved many technical challenges, but we have many more left to address to achieve our mission.
What you’ll do
- Lead efforts for design and delivery of long term critical initiatives, such as Data Discovery, Data Lineage and Data Quality
- Work with different partners from across the organization to deeply understand the needs of data practitioners across Miro to deliver at scale
- Contribute to the development of the strategy and roadmap for Data Engineering
- Lead Engineers to define, build and maintain Miro’s Data Platform
- Help your team members grow in their role and achieve their career aspirations
What you’ll need
- 2+ years in a (formal or informal) team leadership role, with a track record of growing people helping them develop their careers
- Experience in Data Engineering and implementing modern data infrastructure architecture at organization level
- A Data driven approach to prioritize and focus development efforts on key areas
- Ability to build strong positive relationships with engineers, product and leaders
- Fluency in English
What’s in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Travel allowance for your commute
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly team activities (even virtually) to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a globally diverse team
- Inspiring workplace in the heart of Amsterdam
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.