About the role
As a Sr. Product Design Manager, Core at Miro, you would be responsible for crafting the experience of an integral part of the product — the board itself with a strong emphasis on different ways of representing and sharing information within Miro, as well as building the design team and ensuring the strong cross-functional partnership to deliver excellence at scale.
The Sr. Product Design Manager at Miro is a strategic leader with a stellar craftsmanship-orientation and well-developed taste, paired with the eye for business. To be successful in this role, you should be keen to operate on the different levels of abstraction from discussing the mental and conceptual models, clarifying the information hierarchy and architecture to supervising the pixel-perfected UI, gravitating towards pairing usability with aesthetics. It's not expected from you to deliver the screen design on your own, yet it's essential to support your team's thinking and execution through constructive and encouraging feedback, with an ability to roll-out your sleeves if needed and lead by example.
We expect you as a leader will nurture an inclusive, welcoming, and physiologically safe environment for your team to explore uncertain spaces, come up with bold ideas and co-create world-class experiences by listening actively, role-modeling the culture, and leaning towards open conversations.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the team
The Core Product is the essence of Miro. It's the most used and critically important domain for millions of users and a central entity for the success of our business. The stream is responsible for all the canvas UI and interactions, simple and complex graphical objects and their behavior, content creation, and collaboration experience on the board. We aim to reinforce human intelligence and enable teams to create Next Big Things by providing tools for visual thinking and communication that are intuitive and easy for everyone.
What you’ll do
- Lead the product design team within the Core sub-stream with a focus on complex visual structures, representation, and sharing the different types of data and info within Miro
- Partner with your Product, Data, Engineering, and Marketing counterpart to strategize the domain, and ensure clear goals and priorities for the team
- Build, mentor, and develop a solid product design crew within your sub-stream
- Plan design team performance, workload, and career development
- Evolve the processes within the broader org to optimize for efficiency
- Nurture and champion the culture at Miro
What you’ll need
- 10+ years of product design experience, preferably in user-centric Enterprise SaaS companies
- Proven experience in hiring, scaling, and managing a design team
- Portfolio of work showcasing both UX and visual design excellence
- Strategic and critical thinking, paired with flexibility and being open minded
- Ability to measure and clearly articulate the value of design within the organization
- Ability effectively lead end-to-end design process with your team: defining problems, exploring solutions, producing UX deliverables and high-fidelity design, testing and implementing it, then measuring the success of your work and iterating if needed
- Proven track record of managing teams and projects with demonstrated impact on the organization success
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
What's in it for you
- Competitive equity package
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.