About the Role
As we scale rapidly at Miro, so does the need for Mironeers to connect with each other. After a year of remote work, Mironeers are transitioning back to the office and we need a role to shape and maintain how we build culture and community in the office and across distributed teams. As a Hub Community Manager, you will play a pivotal role in co-creating hub communities with Mironeers. As a result, the European hubs’ members will feel connected within their hub, with other hubs and the global Miro community. Hubs will have a strong shared identity and leading in hub practices: connecting events, rituals and more.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs, and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline when it's safe to do so.
About the Team
Reporting to our Learning Design Program Lead, you’ll be joining our People Solutions Design function, an innovative design team of learning designers and agile coaches. You will work in the Thriving Hubs pod with Community Managers and Event Coordinators from other regions, co-designing and executing community programs and experiences to achieve maximum engagement of Mironeers and help them collaborate better.
What you’ll do
We’ve built some events and rituals along the way, and your role will be to maintain those that work, re-imagine those that don’t, and engage Mironeers into co-creating the new ones, using a mix of tools and practices from these areas:
- Events & rituals management: design & deliver at least 8 events and hub rituals each month that create connection and sense of belonging to the hub community, as well as support strategic initiatives (TBD by the Engagement Survey results) with a satisfaction rate of at least 80%. Events include hub and interhub bonding, social, annual company offsite.
- Relationship building: have a deep insight into key hub personas, their motivations and styles (sponsors, stakeholders, functional teams, culture champions, ERGs, interest groups). Build a playbook of practices leveraging those insights in the design of events and rituals. Engage employees in co-creation of hub space and hub community rituals to enable Miro Ways of Working, promote Miro Values & Behaviors and Hub identity.
- Hub internal comms: design and maintain hub communication spaces & channels (offline & online — all-hands, Slack channels, office comms etc) to keep employees informed, connected and promote collaborative culture.
What you’ll need
- 3+ years experience in designing and executing end-to-end events and experiences in online and offline environments, with a strong focus on the end user needs
- 3+ years of facilitation experience with audiences of different sizes and backgrounds
- Experience leading a thriving, resilient community that has been able to ignite passion and participation from community members
- Passion for content creation and internal comms (writing, visuals, public speaking)
- Understanding of community building and event management frameworks, metrics and tools
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to engage others, build relationships and self-organizing networks of connections
- Ability to thrive in an ever-changing environment
Nice to have
- Experience of working in a multicultural environment
- Experience of working in a startup, SaaS and hypergrowth environment
- Team management experience
What’s in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.