About the role
As the lead of one of our data science teams, you will be directly responsible for delivering intelligent features to our users. You will lead a team of data scientists and machine learning engineers to ideate, build and serve the models that fuel Miro's intelligence, working in close contact with Product, Design and Engineering. You will hire and coach the best talent and provide technical direction to deliver solutions that delight our 25M users. Most importantly, as you'll be doing all this as a senior member of the wonderful Data Science crew at Miro, playing a key role in shaping the strategy of the department and the future of Machine learning at Miro!
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the team
The Data Science team at Miro has a mission: make Miro so intelligent that users will start considering it a team member, rather than a collaboration platform. We work with NLP, Computer Vision, Graphs and Multimodal deep learning to give Miro the means to truly understand what its users want and need to do, and support them in the process of creating the next big thing. We are an international and interdisciplinary team, which values diversity in background and culture and is excited to learn something new every day from its multi-faceted members.
What you’ll do
- Build and scale the Data Science product team, embedding and growing the talent it needs
- Deeply understand the needs of our customers and partner with product and design to shape Miro’s intelligent features
- Provide technical and thought leadership to data scientists
- Orchestrate end-to-end intelligent feature delivery, including model deployment in production
- Contribute to craft the strategy of the Data Science department of Miro
What you’ll need
- 2+ yrs (formal or informal) experience as Data Science Leader
- Deep understanding of Machine Learning algorithms: Artificial Neural Networks/Deep Learning, Ensemble methods, Unsupervised learning methods, time series forecasting
- A proven understanding of Machine Learning Engineering and of what it takes to productize models at scale in SaaS products
- A specialization in either Search/Recommendation, NLP or Computer Vision is a plus
- Empathy, with customers, colleagues and team members
- Ability to switch between long term thinking and short term pragmatism
What's in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Travel allowance for your commute
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly team activities (even virtually) to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a globally diverse team
- Inspiring workplace in the heart of Amsterdam
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.