About the team
The Collaboration Core team builds a platform for real-time interfacing on the whiteboard.
We develop a collaboration layer on top of which other teams build features. Our focus is on the performance and stability in the face of constant user growth. One of the current goals is redefining the system to multiple decoupled stable systems and holding thousands of online participants for each board session.
Collaboration inside the team is as significant as in product, that’s why we pay attention to warm relationships, microclimate, and self-development.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the role
We’re looking for a Team Leader who will help us achieve high-reaching goals. We expect you to have strong engineering experience and leadership skills, readiness to lead change and experiment in search of the best solution, understanding how to work with big loads and be able to scale it. Be responsible for the significant parts of the Miro and take difficult challenges.
What you’ll do
- Organize daily team activities and delivery
- Lead new features in collaboration with other teams
- Design the technical architecture of new services and tools
- Work on performance and scalability
- Transform the current monolith architecture to the multiple services according the high level design
What you’ll need
- 5+years of experience in development with the required stack (Java, Spring Boot)
- 2+ years of experience leading a team of developers: recruiting and onboarding, mentoring, professional development, motivation
- Experience of building a foundation for microservice/SOA architecture, especially service-to-service layer
- Experience building high load and large scale distributed systems
- Experience working in an agile cross-functional team in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and proficiency in English
Our tech stack
- Java 11, Spring (+Spring Boot), Hazelcast, Redis, PostgreSQL, TestNG & Mockito
- TypeScript, WebSocket, Webpack, Canvas API, Redux, React
- Maven, Git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket
- AWS (S3, EC2), Docker, Linux
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.