About the team
Miro’s Brand Experience team is a growing team of designers, writers, producers, researchers, and creatives. Together, we’re the voice of the Miro brand, and we communicate with persuasiveness and authority across a diverse range of communications: digital, physical, experiential, video, email, social, ads (and every other marketing channel you can imagine). We take an ideas-based approach to our work, honing in on compelling ways to bring our brand to life while creating the strategic messaging through which to communicate most effectively.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the role
Miro seeks for an outstanding Motion Designer to support our growing video initiatives. As a Motion Designer, you will be crafting animations that will be distributed across different promotion channels such as YouTube, LinkedIn, and Facebook, and we expect you to have experience experimenting with different strategies, messaging, visuals, lengths and formats.
Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, can execute quickly, translating ideas into beautiful and engaging assets. In this role, you will also take part in the conception phase between conceptualisation, scripting, design, and storyboarding. Ultimately, you will craft remarkable videos and elevate our storytelling capabilities. You will acquire a deep understanding of Miro’s product and customers, and develop performance videos that will educate, encourage, and delight them. This role reports to the Video Lead and is located in breathtaking Amsterdam!
What you’ll do
- Produce top quality motion graphics for a variety of uses, from titles and intro cards to short-form social posts. Often 2D animation, sometimes 2.5D and 3D, and screen recordings
- Develop, animate, and edit scalable and modular videos with different visuals, messaging, formats, lengths across promotion channels ensuring outputs meet due dates and Miro's high standards of quality
- Collaborate cross-functionally to brainstorm, script, design, and storyboard new concepts optimized for performance
- Help maintain an organized library of video assets for internal and external partners
- Help to define, craft and evolve the video guidelines reflecting our brand identity
- Meet multiple deadlines, prioritize work, and keep projects moving forward
- Generate ideas, encourage your teammates, give and receive feedback, and critique respectfully
What you’ll need
- 5-7+ years of proven professional experience in motion design and video editing working on 2D (3D experience is a nice to have) animated video, live-action scenarios, and interviews, preferably in a marketing agency or a creative department of a tech organization
- A portfolio that shows strong skills across motion graphic design and live-action
- Deep expertise in Adobe Suite (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition, Photoshop, Illustrator) and experience using Figma/Sketch
- Excellent understanding of video formats and how to best approach them for cross-channel promotion on Web, blog, YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Solid understanding of post-production workflow and the latest post-production techniques
- Great attention to detail, and passionate about graphic design, illustration, typography, color, composition, and story rhythm
- Have a strong position about their creative direction, but know when to fight for an idea, and when to let it go and move on
- Be a teammate with extraordinary written and oral communication skills who can clearly articulate visual concepts and can communicate effectively with a wide range of internal/external partners
- Experience working in distributed teams would be a huge plus. An entrepreneurial drive in getting things done from project initiation to delivery
- Strong ability to multitask, coordinate, facilitate and collaborate within cross-functional teams
What's in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Travel allowance for your commute
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly team activities (even virtually) to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global team
- Inspiring workplace in the heart of Amsterdam
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.