About the team - Stream / Teams
The Canvas Performance team will be responsible for building the render core of the Miro Whiteboard. We care a lot about the performance of our product. The team goal is to provide a render engine that will be able to render thousands of widgets in a collaboration scenario.
Collaboration inside the team is as important as in product, that’s why we pay attention to a friendly atmosphere, microclimate, and self-development.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the role
In our case, Software engineers in Test are embedded engineers in a team who help to create and improve QA tools, and create scenarios to ensure quality. They are able to define the vision of the tools and create test strategy for team components. And also they participate in solution design for all initiatives and experiments.
What will you do
- Work on solution design for performance and optimizations together with the team
- Cover canvas performance on different levels by tests (dive into how different levels and abstraction of Miro work and how it influences on performance)
- Implement canvas performance testing tool (research the tools for performance testing, implement framework, create pipeline for that, teach developers to use it, support framework and monitor it)
- Help the team prepare and write automation tests
What you will need
- Master knowledge of TS/JS, Java.
- Understanding of frontend technologies such as React/Angular, and the way SPA works.
- Experience in UI performance testing of client side
Nice to have - Specifics for the team
- Experience in the maps/game industry
- Work with Jest
- Better to have knowledge with Ansible, Terraform, Docker and Kubernetes
- Understanding the difference between html-based rendering and canvas-based rendering
What's in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office.
Frontend: TypeScript, Less, Webpack, AngularJS->React, CerebralJS->Redux, React Native, Canvas API
General: Maven, Git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket
Infrastructure: AWS (S3, EC2), Docker, Linux
Backend: Java 11, Spring (+Spring Boot), Hazelcast, Redis, PostgreSQL, TestNG & Mockito
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.