About the team
Our team is responsible for all AWS infrastructure that powers the Miro product and services. We serve over 500K peak online users and support more than 30 engineering teams delivering new value to our users on a daily basis. Miro has become business critical for many of our customers, so reliability has become critical and we strive to provide a highly secure and available product.
We aim to avoid all manual actions but automate all work with the infrastructure. We provide development teams with infrastructure and observability tools and help them implement SRE practices so they can take responsibility for their own service/code.
We actively seek to learn from all incidents and improve our infrastructure, product code and processes to avoid them in the future.
About the role
In this role you will be a senior engineering leader across Miro, responsible for the systems and processes that keep Miro secure and reliable. Through your hard working teams you’ll drive technical and architectural strategy, and collaborate with broader Miro engineering teams to ensure scaling with the growth of users 10x and more.
You'll develop teams that span Miro’s entire infrastructure. You'll drive excellence in reliability, observability and security.
What you’ll do
- Manage end-to-end availability and performance of key services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence. Automate response to all non-exceptional service conditions
- Hire and develop new talent; build development teams from scratch. Mentor, coach and inspire leaders within your organization. Lead your teams to deliver on business objectives
- Develop and execute strategy to move operations responsibility for components and services to the product engineering teams.
- Enable teams to develop tools to improve availability, scalability, performance and efficiency of Miro
- Work with engineers and managers to build a reliability strategy for Miro, outlining infrastructure projects that support our reliability, security, performance, and scalability goals
- Own and make continuous improvements to Miro’s on call, incident response and review processes
- Enable our cross-functional product teams to ship features quickly and safely as our team grows in size, providing them with the tooling and processes needed for success
What you’ll need
- 15+ years in software engineering, past experience as an engineer
- 5+ years of experience running large scale geo-distributed production environments supporting millions of users
- Excellent operational and process skills, you know the art of balancing the capacity between the project and R&D work and the ongoing operational stream
- 10+ years engineering and people management experience, including hiring, personal development, performance management, delivery management
- Proven experience building engineering function (30+ people)
- Strong prioritization and project management skills, understanding of business impact for various solutions
- Proven technical background and acumen stemming from deep understanding and experience across complex products and systems. Deep understanding of application security, web applications, and modern techniques for building software. Understanding of the latest build, test, deployment, and configuration tools. Real-world experience building high-performance, large-scale systems
- Outstanding interpersonal skills: written and verbal, in person and remote. You have the ability to build a strong partnership at all levels of our team, and have proven leadership skills in listening, influencing and coordinating
- Service management experience including incident response and post-incident review processes
- Practical understanding of security and privacy standards (e.g. SOC2, GDPR)
What’s in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office.
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.