About the team
The Data Science team at Miro has a mission: make Miro so intelligent that users will start considering it a team member, rather than a collaboration platform. We work with NLP, Computer Vision, Graphs and Multimodal deep learning to give Miro the means to truly understand what its users want and need to do, and support them in the process of creating the next big thing. We are an international and interdisciplinary team, which values diversity in background and culture and is excited to learn something new every day from its multi-faceted members.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the role
Making a product intelligent with Machine Learning is as much about models as it is about engineering. We want to enable every single product team in Miro to build their own intelligent features with machine learning, and delight our 25M users as a result. To achieve that, we need tools that make experimentation easier and model deployment faster. We are looking for a Data and Machine Learning Engineering leader to guide the team that will build Miro's Machine Learning platform and its tools, enabling fast adoption of ML throughout the organization. As the Team Lead of the ML Platform team, you will establish the ML Engineering strategy and roadmap, grow Miro's ML Engineering talent and be a key player in the future of Machine Learning at Miro.
What you’ll do
- Deeply understand the needs of data scientists and machine learning practitioners across Miro to experiment and deliver at scale
- Develop and own the technical roadmap for the Machine Learning platform team
- Build and scale the Machine Learning platform team, embedding and growing the talent it needs
- Partner with Data Engineering, Infrastructure, Data Science product teams and other streams to deliver the best ML tooling in a predictable way
- Contribute to craft the strategy of the Data Science department of Miro
What you’ll need
- 2+ years in a (formal or informal) team leadership role, with a track record of growing people helping them develop their careers
- Experience in productizing ML models in SaaS products with Millions of users
- Experience with MLOps from both a tooling (e.g. feature stores, CI/CD/CT pipelines) and infrastructure perspective (preferably in Cloud/AWS)
- Vision, and a strong service team attitude
- Focus on impact and a good dose of pragmatism
- Empathy: with your (internal) customers, your colleagues and your team
What's in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Travel allowance for your commute
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly team activities (even virtually) to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a globally diverse team
- Inspiring workplace in the heart of Amsterdam
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.