About the team
Miro’s Website team is a growing team of designers, writers, engineers, researchers, and creatives. Our mission is to deliver delightful digital experiences on our web channels, serving more than 25+ million users globally. We are a team created to work independently with members from varied backgrounds. Every voice chips in our process to co-create together, from team rituals to project initiatives. We are looking for someone with a clear opinion that can quickly give to the team.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the role
Miro seeks a Senior Digital Designer, specializing in Web to work as a part of the Marketing team. The Senior Digital Digital Designer will create delightful experiences for the Miro audience, with a focus on Web-related outcomes.
They will take into consideration the End to End-user journey driving engagement of our target audience. From conception and idea generation to flow generation, to design, prototype solutions, validate them to build and maintain them. There is a wide range of outputs to be created, from acquisition landing pages to core website pages, specific campaigns & microsites.
From editorial to acquisition landing pages, optimizing user experience across different touchpoints with accessibility in mind. We are looking for someone that will create compelling and exciting experiences with experience on Accessibility, making sure the outputs follow Brand consistency guidelines.
You will improve the performance of Miro core website and Landing pages experiences bringing the best Design practices. Responsible for finding the right balance between user needs and business goals, determining hypotheses, and validating them through design solutions and experiments. We have a driven collaboration with different teams like Brand, Engineering, Product Marketing, Content and together with the Product and Data teams to make data-informed decisions, as well as with Engineering to find the best way to validate the hypotheses with the fast-moving pace and maintain a high bar of product quality.
What you’ll do
- Design high-quality and delightful digital experiences with focus on the Web, with the aim to drive engagement with the Miro audience
- Create compelling presentations and work with partners, translating broad creative ideas into tight concepts and execution, being an active participant from the beginning in the brief creation to align with engineers partners on the implementation
- Own an end-to-end design process for a variety of initiatives within your team. From individual landing pages to new sections on the website, to specific assets needed to deliver high-quality experiences
- Research on users’ perspectives and the competitor landscape to generate solutions
- Partner with critical teams within Miro to achieve outcomes. Work cross-functionally to deliver the best possible user experience. Co-create with relevant partners such as engineers, product marketers, data analysts
- Considering a global approach with localized content
- Measure the success of your data-driven decisions with the team and iterate when needed. Adopt a test-and-learn, data-driven design approach that balances creativity and performance. Continuously run experiments and formulate hypotheses translated into high-quality design solutions
- Add to the Design System by collaborating with other designers
- Validate your solutions with users, using both qualitative and quantitative methods. Keep on the fast-moving pace of experimentation, execution, and decision-making process
What you’ll need
- A mixture of product and digital design experience, agency or in-house at a notable organization participating in the creation of global website experiences
- Experience with complex projects, working with different markets and localization
- A portfolio that shows strong strategic and conceptual thinking applied across a range of different experiences
- Ability to think through complex information architecture and interaction design with a system thinking approach/mentality. Confirmed experience with end to end journey mapping
- Passionate about design: composition, layouts, grid, typography, photography, illustration.A systematic approach and attention to detail. Phenomenal sense of aesthetics and visual design proficiency balancing user needs and business goals
- Mastery in Figma/Sketch/Adobe Creative Suite and other relevant design tools
- Flexibility is a word that you love and practice. From your approach to work to try new things. Being flexible and adapting to change: can thrive and build your own structure in a fluid work environment
- Confirmed experience in how to make informed decisions based on data. Experience in validating design solutions using qualitative and quantitative methods
- Effective written and verbal communication. An excellent communicator and cross-functional team builder who creates strong relationships with a globally distributed team. You have a point of view but also a healthy respect for others experiences and encourage others to generate and explore new ideas
- Experience coordinating with different partners from engineers, marketers, motion designers, product designers
- Keen interest in learning new trends, techniques, frameworks, and methodologies
- Strong understanding of technologies used to build modern digital experiences, agile workflows, and a familiarity with the fundamentals of front-end development, accessibility, and usability. Understanding of front end technologies like HTML and CSS
- Innovative approach: Be on top of the latest trends, and interested in the latest innovations related to the web
- Proven experience creating responsive solutions, together with specific mobile approaches, following accessibility guidelines and standards.
- Proactive on your approach, positive and solution-oriented. We love “yes and”, we avoid “no but”
What's in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Travel allowance for your commute
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly team activities (even virtually) to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global team
- Inspiring workplace in the heart of Amsterdam
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.