About the team
Miro is building an open developer platform to support new use cases, extend the reach of Miro online, and integrate with 3rd party systems. The Miro Platform is a highly strategic initiative that strives to empower developers and partners to build engaging and powerful visual collaboration applications and experiences using Miro technology.
The success of the platform is tied to the variety of functionalities we offer through it, and the seamless and reliable integration experience while building. With the platform, we have the opportunity to attract users, make their collaboration experience outstanding, and allow them to use visual collaboration in 3rd party tools they use daily.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the role
As Engineering Manager for Platform Foundation, you will be responsible for building, managing, and mentoring the platform foundation teams. You will set up engineering processes and best practices for maintaining stability and ongoing delivery. You'll ensure successful and timely deliveries of platform foundation products and improvements.
Reporting to the Head of Engineering for Platform, you will work alongside Core Product, Integrations, Distribution, and others to find opportunities to improve the platform offering for developers and users, and work with the Product Managers and Team Leads to build a strategy and roadmap for addressing these opportunities.
This is a rare opportunity to join a new and highly strategic initiative in a leadership role within a world-class growth stage technology business, right at the start of the journey.
What you’ll do
- Build and execute the technical strategy and roadmap for the Miro platform foundation teams and contribute to the overall technical product strategy
- Align the platform foundation roadmap with the company’s technical product strategy,
- Build and scale operational processes and improve engineering practices in the Platform.
- Develop teams, talents, and leaders within your teams
- Communicate strategy, tactics, and progress to the team and partners
What you’ll need
- 8+ years in software engineering, 4+ years engineering and people management experience, SaaS B2B/B2C2B companies preferred
- 2+ years managing managers
- Proven experience building a public platform ecosystem
- Proven experience building engineering functions (15+ person)
- Strong prioritization and project management skills, understanding of business impact for various solutions
- Result focused, data-driven engineering strategy development skills
- Good understanding of product requirements and ability to align with technical strategy
- Understanding engineering architecture and trade-offs
What's in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.