About the team
Miro’s Legal Team is a collaborative group of talented problem solvers who know how to get things done quickly and optimally. We have a transparent and positive team culture built on continuous learning, development, empathy and growth. We work collectively to mitigate risk and provide quality legal support for Miro in a scalable and customer-centric way.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the role
Miro is looking for a practical, motivated and energetic attorney to join our team. This self-motivated individual should be comfortable working in a rapid-growth, fast paced environment and will be responsible for day-to-day procurement contracts and other legal responsibilities for the market. The ideal candidate will be able to independently draft, redline and negotiate buy-side agreements as well as other contract types. This candidate will appreciate being a critical part of the operational excellence in a fast-growing, market-defining startup.
What you’ll do
- Re-design and manage the procurement legal processes, procedures, and templates for a growing Procurement function
- Independently draft, review, and negotiate complex inbound (procurement) contracts, including SaaS commercial agreements, shared workspace real estate leases, professional services and outsourcing agreements, IT infrastructure, marketing and advertising technology, etc, in compliance with the company’s policies and risk tolerance
- Draft, review and negotiate consultancy and recruitment agreements
- Develop positive relationships and deliver quality communications to Procurement and Operations team to operate as a business partner
- Handle a variety of demands and projects related to our operations that arise in a rapidly growing startup
- Provide legal advice proactively and reactively on a myriad of legal issues, engaging as a cross-functional business partner
- Build and iterate on playbooks, form agreements, policies and legal processes
What you’ll need
- Active good standing status membership to the CA, TX or NY Bar (other Bar memberships considered) or EU attorney license
- 7+ years of experience drafting, redlining and negotiating complex commercial agreements, including SaaS agreements and shared workspace real estate leases, with a solution-oriented approach
- Ability to operate autonomously, work collaboratively as a team player with internal business partners and external counsel
- Working familiarity with data protection, information security and other agreements as necessary
- Highly motivated, with the drive to work independently, manage and prioritize deals with deadlines
- Sense of urgency and empathy to work with colleagues to deliver effective communication and positive experience in a fast paced, changing environment
What's in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Travel allowance for your commute
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly team activities (even virtually) to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global team
- Inspiring workplace in the heart of Amsterdam
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.