About the team
The Financial Reporting & Controls team is responsible for providing accurate financials, building our financial infrastructure, and ensuring smooth operations. This is an exciting opportunity to join a new team and make an immediate impact at a rapidly growing company. Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the role
Do you want to help scale a finance and accounting team that is a true business partner to a hyper-growth, innovative software company and not just a back-office function? Do you want to make a meaningful contribution to building a global leader in the online collaboration space? If so, this may be the perfect role for you. In this role, you will report to the Accounting Manager and be the finance team liaison for the APAC region. You are a continuous learner with a growth mindset. You thrive in a highly uncertain environment where decisions need to be made and executed upon super fast. You can translate your technical skills and understanding of the context around you into clear and pragmatic guidance for the organization.
What you’ll do
- Month-end-close tasks including preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations
- Assist in preparing monthly balance sheet and income statement flux variance analyses
- Financial statement preparation including intercompany accounting entries, and other accounting and tax related tasks
- Represent the finance team as the single point contact in our APAC region, with all internal and external parties
- Assist in designing, implementing, maintaining and monitoring corporate accounting policies and procedures; and assist in internal control and process documentation
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members in delivering high quality, decision ready information to business partners
- Tax compliance support for various international fillings (sales, VAT, property tax, etc)
- Support internal and external audit requirements
What you'll need
- 3-4+ years of experience in accounting, Big 4 experience preferred
- CPA preferred
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP and intercompany accounting
- Strong analytical skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Collaborative and enthusiastic, whilst maintaining a high level of integrity and honesty
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with Netsuite is a big plus
What’s in it for you
- Excellent Medical, Dental + Vision health benefits
- Competitive salaries + Flexible time off
- 401k matching + Stock options
- Free lunches + Office snacks
- Be a part of a culture of learning that will take your professional growth to another level with collaborative + thoughtful team members
- Distributed team across offices globally
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.