About the team
At Miro, the UX Research team is fully embedded in various product streams, while still operating as a tight-knit, centralized craft. Our mission is to inform decision-making through systematic, evidence-based insights. Our work and processes are fully integrated into the product development lifecycle, and we collaborate with our cross-functional partners – from Design to Product Management, Data Analytics, Engineering, Customer Success, and more – to define and prioritize the highest-impact research questions. We enjoy having ownership and autonomy in a fast-paced environment and impact millions of users who rely on Miro every day to collaborate and create the next big thing.
For this role, you’ll be working within Miro’s Enterprise stream, the team that makes sure that Miro is the most-loved collaboration tool for organizations with hundreds, if not thousands, of employees. If you’ve used a Miro team license in a current or previous role, it means you’ve already been part of the audience that stream builds for, and your colleagues today could be your research participants tomorrow!
About the role
Your goal will be to set up UX Research in Miro’s Enterprise stream. You’ll have the autonomy to collaborate with cross-functional leaders across the area to determine what practice should be like, and how much weight to place towards hiring and mentorship vs. research enablement vs. directly owning high impact studies yourself. When it comes to the latter, some open questions you'll dive into range from how content is crafted, organized, accessed, and protected at scale, to how enterprise users cope with the dual nature of productivity tools being both private and shared. Your insights will help Miro build products that are flexible enough to fit the very wide-ranging needs of organizations with over 10,000 employees.
One of the things that makes Enterprise at Miro particularly unique is that they have to continuously consider how products built by all other teams at Miro will meet the needs and expectations of enterprise users. So, this is a role in which you’ll also be able to drive collaboration with others researchers all across the organization.
What you’ll do
- Establish a UX Research practice within the Enterprise stream that reflects the stream’s specific needs
- Lead research across multiple projects through a combination of hiring and mentorship, research enablement, and ownership of high-impact research studies (with more of an emphasis on the latter while we grow the research team on the Enterprise stream)
- Design research methods and processes that are specifically geared towards understanding complex organizations and their inherent structures and values
- Deepen and expand our understanding of enterprise admins and users: their needs, challenges, behaviours, and expectations
- Uncover creative and effective ways to socialize enterprise-related insights and narratives across Miro, and ensure that other streams take into account enterprise needs when developing their own products
- Continuously ensure that the Enterprise stream’s product planning and decision-making are informed by evidence-based research insights
What you’ll need
- 5+ years leading research studies and/or teams, in multidisciplinary environments within product-led organizations
- Experience conducting research on enterprise products and users
- Experience with hiring/leading/mentoring UX Researchers, and/or running research enablement programs
- Experience conducting end-to-end complex, longer-term strategic research studies
- Creative approaches to conducting generative and descriptive user research
- Excellent English communication skills (written and verbal)
- Background, training, or education in organizational psychology
- Past experience in enterprise administration, procurement, or operations
What’s in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage (Amsterdam)
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks, and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.