About the team
Reporting to the US People Excellence, Team Lead, within our global People function. At Miro, the People team uses a groundbreaking organizational model that combines our continuous improvement-based “Excellence” roles with our design methodology-driven “Solutions” roles. Our goal is to create the workflows, expertise, and culture that enables all kinds of work to thrive. Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the role
As our teams in the US scale to 500+ employees in the next year, we need a US People Operations Specialist role who will be accountable for compliance, benefits, immigration, and domestic mobility programs. This is a rare opportunity for someone who wants to help build our US People Excellence (People Operations) function.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for ensuring the organization is aligned with federal, state, and local employment-related laws and regulations include leading and developing processes
- Serve as the day-to-day benefits administrator includes vendor management with our broker partners & carriers
- Keep up to date with COVID-19 regulations, guidance, and trends
- Responsible for managing leave of absences, immigration, and mobility programs
- Serve as our 401(k) Plan Administrator includes processing rollovers, maintain compliance with plan rules and federal legislation, and discrimination testing and audit support
- Implement new people programs
What you'll need
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience in People Operations (including benefits administration and HR compliance)
- Proven knowledge of federal, state, and local employment legislation
- Experience with implementing People programs
- Confidentiality, discretion, and strong interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with HR tools (HRIS, benefits admin, and leave of absence systems)
- Excellent organization skills with scrupulous attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively & cross-functionally
- Lean towards process improvement, automatization, and optimization
- Ability to thrive in a fast, constantly evolving environment
- Experience working in tech, hyper-growth organization, or blitz scaling environment is a plus
What’s in it for you
- Excellent Medical, Dental + Vision health benefits
- Competitive salaries + Flexible time off
- 401k matching + Stock options
- Free lunches + Office snacks
- Be a part of a culture of learning that will take your professional growth to another level with collaborative + thoughtful team members
- Distributed team across offices globally
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.