About the role
Welcome to the team that empowers engineering teams to use metrics data to make more informed decisions on all stages of SDLC!
At Miro we aspire to become a world class engineering organisation and to that end we are making a lot of changes to our architecture and processes: Architecture roadmap, Microservices, Testing frameworks, Kubernetes, Observability and SRE, to name just a few.
With all these initiatives going on, how do we know whether these changes are having a positive impact?
This is where the engineering productivity metrics come in. By visualising these metrics on a team, stream and Miro engineering level we can see the impact of the changes we are making. Trial new ideas from teams to improve our engineering processes and tools and roll out the ones that prove to be successful across all our teams.
Metrics help us steer the continuous improvement process inside Miro Engineering and at the same time also visualise what we value about engineering quality & speed.
We are looking for a person who knows every aspect of Maven, Git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket and can point us where each data point that we need resides. A Developer Tooling Expert who will work closely with data engineers, data analysts, as well internal customers to deliver data from tools used by engineers on all stages of SDLC into the Engineering Metrics Platform.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
What you’ll do
- Support the development of a single end-to-end system of reports - Miro Engineering Metrics Platform - in Looker/Snowflake or other data exploration/BI/Warehouse software, that allows to measure and easily understand engineering efficiency, identify bottlenecks and challenges and come up with action points for improvements
- Read through our metrics implementation plan and define which data points are required from which tool to make this happen
- Work closely with data analysts and data engineers to ensure that we are building reports engineering organization can trust
- Work on the integration of the new data source into the warehouse and Miro Engineering Metrics Platform should a decision to use new tools was taken
- Be an expert in developers tooling - we will rely on your experience to inspire change in product-engineering organization!
What you’ll need
- Deep understanding and expertise of developers tooling such as Maven, Git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket and QA tooling
- Understanding what Metrics are by definition and why they are important
- Engineering background: deep understanding of SDLC from engineering perspective
- Experience with working on similar engineering productivity metrics related projects is a big plus
- Experience with working closely with analytics department and data engineers is a big plus
- Being attentive to details
- Be a strong communicator
What's in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.