About the team
Miro is a successful and fast-growing engineering company that has created a business-critical tool for various companies across the globe. To help even more customers discover Miro we’re strengthening our Data Engineering team. Within the Data Engineering team, we are helping to make Miro a better product for our customers by solving complex engineering problems in the area of high-load scalable solutions and big data.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced engineer to join our Data Engineering team in Amsterdam. In this role you’ll have the opportunity to help build a product used by millions of people across the globe - you will develop mission-critical high-load backend components of our data platform which is one of the core components of the Miro ecosystem.
What you’ll do
- Design and develop core backend components of data platform
- Contribute into development and execution of technical strategy for Data Engineering organization
- Help with the hiring of new talent
- Be a role model, technically strong to mentor other engineers in the team
- Closely collaborate with a Data Engineering leadership to work on strategic initiatives
What you’ll need
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer using Java or any other language for backend development (such as Scala or Kotlin) building high-load scalable solutions
- Experience of the design and development of high-load backend solutions
- Strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals
- Experience in using data to make educated decisions
- 2+ years of experience managing an engineering team including hiring, personal development, performance management, delivery management is nice to have
What's in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.