About the role
In this role, you will lead global communications for Miro, shaping Miro’s communication vision, strategy, and narrative as we share our story and the story of our 20 million incredible users with the world. As Head of Communications, you will build and lead internal, external, executive and crisis communications for Miro. You will work closely with executive leadership, marketing leadership, and our market teams around the world to help Miro develop an effective communication narrative, to build a clear communication strategy, and to purposefully source new opportunities for Miro to expand the reach and influence of the company and its products and services through effective storytelling.
This role will report to Miro’s Chief Marketing Officer and serve as part of Miro’s marketing leadership team while also serving as an advisor to the CEO and senior leadership team!
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
What you’ll do
- Use expertise in both brand and corporate communications to deliver best-in-class communications and PR campaigns and initiatives
- Build and lead a global team of communications professionals supporting internal, external, executive, and crisis communication
- Serve as an advisor to the leadership team and a member of the marketing senior leadership team, partnering and driving results through collaboration across all of Miro
- Improve Miro’s media relations efforts with trusted and established relationships among reporters and primary outlets
- Bring your storytelling expertise to help craft and execute a cohesive narrative strategy globally
- With a clear point of view, execute advanced strategies and tactics with measurable results to build both user and enterprise client awareness
- Deliver original PR events and opportunities
- Lead brand crisis communications strategies and responses in a timely manner
- Prepare management for speeches, presentations, talking points and interaction with media, stakeholders and employees
- Act as spokesperson for Miro with media in person, at events and in press releases
What you'll need
- 15+ years’ experience in media communications
- Experience in technology communications with high standing and known reputation in media and among top journalists globally
- Ability to work collaboratively across global teams; comfortable driving strategy with senior leaders and executives
- Experience leading global teams spanning many markets
- Impeccable writing skills
- Ability to garner awards and positive, proactive media attention for brands by using trusted relationships and expertise
- Ability to strategically assess the media environment and develop approaches for Miro to stay current, effective and innovative in its communications strategies and tactics
What’s in it for you
- Excellent Medical, Dental + Vision health benefits
- Competitive salaries + Flexible time off
- 401k matching + Stock options
- Free lunches + Office snacks
- Be a part of a culture of learning that will take your professional growth to another level with collaborative + thoughtful team members
- Distributed team across offices globally
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.