About the role
Your role will be to define the best practices and build a strong team which will work on continuous and iterative improvement of engineering experience, including build time, delivery pipelines, analytics, observability, automation and other aspects of the value stream.
About the team
Miro is on a hyper-growth trajectory, scaling very fast and attracting world-class talent to support the business growth and stay ahead of the game. The engineering organization here is a unique group of people who are on a mission to create the best innovation platform out there.
The Developer Acceleration team has one goal: provide the best tooling and processes to enable the engineering group to deliver value to customers frequently and efficiently.
Each role at Miro is based in one of our physical hubs, and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in the office culture as our baseline.
What you’ll do
- Develop and drive engineering excellence strategy at Miro in partnership with the team and partners from different engineering streams
- Consolidate existing and create new best practices for the entire engineering organization. Lead implementation of new world class tools and processes for engineers
- Continuously communicate the vision and strategy to the entire engineering team, handle feedback and find optimal ways to deliver new and improved experiences
- Build and lead the team, actively hire and grow new talent
- Introduce processes and tooling for engineering information management. Help with ongoing improvement of our onboarding processes and experience
What you’ll need
- 10+ yrs of development experience using modern methodologies and tooling
- 5+ yrs experience as an Engineering Manager
- Strong expertise and passion for improving development processes in an organization of 500+ engineers
- Comfortable making decisions affecting the entire engineering organization
- Data driven approach to development processes. Ability to introduce and maintain key engineering metrics: quality, velocity, dependencies, technical debt, security, etc.
- Deep understanding of engineering processes and ability to coach and train other people on: Code Review, Design Review, DevOps practices, Tech Radar, Agile principles
- Experience with development and CI/CD tools like Jira, BitBucket / GitHub / GitLab, Bamboo, SonarQube, Snyk
- Experience with TerraFrom and Ansible or similar IaaC technologies is a must
- Ability to build strong trust-based relationships with engineers and leaders
- Excellent interpersonal skills
What's in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.