About the team
Storage Services is the team with a phenomenal impact on Miro's scaling and stability from the perspective of the database access layer. We do everything possible to ensure that our service is stable in the face of constant user growth including on-call and incident management. We support the mechanism of horizontal scaling, balance the load between the shards, and automate routine processes related to scaling and database management. We are responsible for implementation new type of data storage that meet strong requirement in terms of reliability, scalability, observability, compliance with GDPR and data residency requirements.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs, and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the role
We are looking for a top-tier Staff software engineer with strong background in Java and data storage services like Postgres/MySQL/RDS, Redis/ElastiCashe, DynamoDB, S3, Redshift. We expect that you have experience of scaling your services with AWS managed database services and you know them as an architect. In this role, you’ll be leading the development for the more complex technical initiatives within Storage Services. Specifically, we are introducing scalable way of using database from microservices. You would be leading the solution design and implementation, working with the other engineers across the company to validate their design and requirements for database layer.
What you’ll do
- Design and implement scalable and high-performing solutions
- Identify synergies between software components and improve the efficiency of development and code maintenance
- Design and provide solution on database layer for microservices including database access, data segregation, monitoring, privacy and security
- Design and provide system components for database layer like automation resharding to manage load on shards, database scaling, backups and etc
- Build PoC to choose new storage solutions and spread them across all Miro development teams
- Review technical solutions from others development teams to ensure the usage of best practices of working with databases
- Invest into the growth and development of other engineers, participate in onboarding and mentorship
- Contribute to on-call and incident management process to ensure the highest SLA for shared storage services that team is responsible for
What you’ll need
- 10+ years of software engineering experience with at least 4 years in senior roleExperience building, launching and running mission-critical, high-performance, distributed, fault tolerant systems
- Proved experience in building data management solutions with TBs data
- Experience with SOA
- Strong background in Java/Spring
- Strong background in RDBMS, NoSQL, Document type databases
- Experience with AWS managed data storage services (RDS, ElastiCache, DynamoDB, Redshift)
What's in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.