About the team
Cross-Device Experience team is responsible for Miro’s success on all platforms beyond the desktop: tablets, smartphones, large interactive displays. We believe that touch and mobile devices have enormous potential to expand Miro’s value and create seamless and delightful user experience for all kinds of collaboration: remote, co-located, and on-the-go.
About the role
In our case, QA engineers are experts in the testing area. QA can design test cases, cover fucinality by e2e tests and teach team members to write e2e tests too. QA is a knowledge base about all types of technical tests. Like load testing, security testing, etc. QA engineers are able to define quality vision and strategy for team components.
Also, QA helps to build an effective development process in the team regarding quality. The QA works in conjunction with the team leader of the feature team and is the driver of process changes that affect the quality of the product being created.
Problem this person will be fixing
What problem/obstacle will this person help to solve?
- Provide comprehensive testing solutions to ensure features’ quality
- Set self-sufficient quality assurance process in the team
- Achieve the desired quality indicators in collaboration with a Team Leader
- Provide transparent metrics in terms of quality in the team and share this to team
- Create system of metrics which will help the team to understand the current quality and health of apps, also this system should have an ability to alert about problems
- Find creative ways to test, break, debug features.
- Spot potential risks in advance due to built software expertise
- Support and improve our automation system for all kind of apps
- Expand coverage with team
What you’ll do
- You will participate in problem-solving and solution design for all initiatives and experiments, together with the team
- Create acceptance scenarios
- Conduct exploratory testing
- Help a team prepare and write autotests;
- Improve automation mobile testing;
- Improve quality assurance processes in a team and create a target vision regarding quality
What you’ll need
- 5+ years’ experience in manual (exploratary) testing, experience in applying various test design techniques, ability to create vision and strategy regarding quality for team components.
- Strong expertise and skills in decomposing product requirements and designing a test scenario, experience in analyzing different types of technical testing, and choosing actionable items.
- 3+ years’ mobile/tablet/desktop apps autotests experience.
- Responsible for the team quality.
Nice to have
Specifics for the stream:
- Experience with Appium automationUI, Espresso and Kotlin
- Work with Jest
- Work with tools for simulate devices and platforms
Our Tech Stack
- Frontend: TypeScript, Less, React Native, Webpack, Canvas API, AngularJS, CerebralJS
- Maven, Git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket
- AWS (S3, EC2), Docker, Linux
- Backend: Java 11, Spring (+Spring Boot), Hazelcast, Redis, PostgreSQL, TestNG & Mockito
- Testing stack: Mobile app: Appium for UI, Jest for Logic part, Frontend: Java+Selenium (old approach), TS+Playwright (new), Jest (for low-level tests)
What’s in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.