About the team
Miro’s timeless mission is to empower teams to create the next big things. There are millions of creators, builders, and innovators motivated by making an impact to the world, and we aim to achieve our mission both by providing best solutions for collaboration and innovation and by enabling peer to peer, company to company connection through building a powerful community where Miro users come together to solve the world’s biggest problems.
The Growth stream is all about activating value for end users. As part of the Growth stream, the Monetization team will create an Authorisation service as part of our technical strategy to move from a monolith to Service Orientated Architecture. This team will be involved in delivering a crucial component in our new architecture. Authorization will be a critical high-load service for the whole Miro ecosystem.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs, and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
Please watch this video to learn more about the Growth stream.
About the role
We are looking for a Staff Engineer to join our Growth stream in Amsterdam. In this role you’ll be leading the development for the more complex product and technical initiatives within Monetization. You would be responsible for the solution design and implementation of highly critical initiatives, working with the other engineers in Monetization.
What you’ll do
- Lead the development of an Authorisation service
- Migrating the billing domain from our monolith to SOA.
- Contribute as a hands-on developer and help the team design business-critical systems
- Lead the large technical initiatives from design to delivery
- Work with team leads and principal engineers to apply long term architecture direction and strategy
What you’ll need
- 10+ years of software engineering experience with at least 4 years in senior role
- Experience building, launching and running critical, high-performance, distributed, fault tolerant systems
- Experience with migrations
- Experience with SOA
- Strong background in Java/Spring
- Experience with AWS and Kubernetes
- Excellent communication and ability to influence both technical individual contributors and business partners
What's in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.