About the team
We strive to be a world-class finance team with a great culture and have the same high standards with our work, systems, practices, and people. You will work very closely with our Sales team, Finance team, Legal, People Operations and the Executive team. Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the role
Miro is looking for a passionate Tax Manager to join our rapidly growing team. We are looking for someone who can thrive on deadlines, apply tax experience to a wide variety of transactions and make significant contributions towards Miro’s strategic objectives. This role will involve tax compliance as well as tax research, analysis, and documentation. You will utilize a variety of skills to solve problems relating to income and indirect tax planning, income and indirect tax compliance, and income tax accounting.
You are a continuous learner with a growth mindset. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where decisions need to be made and executed upon super fast. You can translate your technical skills and understanding of the context around you into clear and pragmatic solutions for the organization.
What you’ll do
- Assist in the development, feasibility modeling, and implementation of Miro’s global tax strategy
- Assist in the ongoing analysis of US federal/state and international tax compliance, including research and documentation of tax nexus and permanent establishment
- Coordinate the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual indirect tax returns for Miro’s US and international operations
- Assist in preparing and maintaining the quarterly and annual income tax provision, including all related tax disclosures
- Coordinate with advisors on the preparation of various federal, state, and international income tax returns
- Assist in implementing and maintaining transfer pricing policies
- Perform technical tax research and analysis for special projects and initiatives
What you'll need
- 5+ years at Big 4 or a combination of Big 4 and industry experience
- Experience working with software companies
- Strong analytical skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to research and interpret various tax laws and regulations, including federal, state, and international law
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to analyze and document complex tax issues
- Ability to successfully interact and collaborate across the organization
What’s in it for you
- Excellent Medical, Dental + Vision health benefits
- Competitive salaries + Flexible time off
- 401k matching + Stock options
- Free lunches + Office snacks
- Be a part of a culture of learning that will take your professional growth to another level with collaborative + thoughtful team members
- Distributed team across offices globally
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.