About the team
- During that “work from home” time, Miro is growing very fast — there are many new customers, and there are a lot of new engineers in the company.
- Our team's mission is to make the process from writing code to deploying it to production effective and enjoyable to give engineers the ability to solve their challenges, not fighting against the environment.
- In this role, you will enable our engineering organization to grow and stay efficient at the same time. You will focus on the development and delivery velocity by creating and supporting fast flow from development to production.
- We are looking for people who are passionate about working on Continuous Integration, Delivery, and Development at scale into the system that helps our customers to collaborate on a daily basis.
Stream — Engineering productivity, Developer tools
- Crafting tools for developers
- Support development process across the organisation
Exciting projects/challenges for the coming 6-12 months
- Experiment with build and test tools to improve speed and stability of the CI/CD process
- Establish tools to deploy our applications to Kubernetes and help the team to migrate our main applications there
- Define the strategy for developer tools, including code review and CI/CD, and execute it
About the role
As a Senior Backend Developer in DevTools at Miro, you'll be working on tools for Miro developers to improve their development experience and productivity. You will have the opportunity to produce high-load scalable solutions, build and contribute to internal and external frameworks, and organize development life-cycle according to the best agile practices.
You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and value
What you'll do
- Help engineers who faced difficulties during the delivery process
- Build tooling for developers
- Help the team in large migration projects
- Implement new features in collaboration with other teams
- Work on performance and scalability
- Drive automation within routine procedures
Our technological stack, infrastructure, tools
- TypeScript, Canvas API (PixiJs), React, React Native, AngularJS, CerebralJS, Less, Webpack
- Java 11, Spring (+Spring Boot), Hazelcast, Redis, PostgreSQL, TestNG & Mockito
- Maven, Git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket
- AWS (S3, EC2), Docker, Linux
What you’ll need
- 5+ years of backend experience. Java ecosystem is preferable, but other languages aren't blockers
- Hands-on experience with modern DevOps toolset (Docker, Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes)
- Understanding of high-load architecture and SaaS infrastructure.
- Experience building robust, high-scale, distributed systems in production environments
- Proficiency with Linux using common tools
- You have great communication skills
- You care about quality a lot and know how to ship high-quality code
- You love teamwork and dream to create meaningful things together
Nice to have
- Experience with high load and/or realtime application
- Working in a Developer Tools or Infrastructure focused teams
What’s in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.