About the team
The User Services team is responsible for the fundamental entities of our product connected to User management and authorization services: Users, Roles, Permissions. In addition, this team has to allow easy and seamless scaling of the user's base of our product and support reliable stability. At the same time, performance metrics are essential for services that the User Services team is responsible for.
The team is developing the architecture of Business Logic in terms of working with Users, Roles and Permissions. The User Services team empowers the whole engineering organization, serves as the relevant foundation for working with users. There is a rare opportunity to build the foundation of such a widely used product like Miro!
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the role
We are looking for a Team Lead who will help us craft new steps of product architecture in collaboration with different teams and implement that inside our product. We expect you to be active in proposing and implementing improvements and innovative approaches. Also, we encourage you to set up a new incredible high-level engineering team.
What you'll do
- Building and leading the User Services team (people management, hiring, process development, and interfacing with other teams)
- Guide and mentor team members for their professional and career growth
- Develop a team plan to achieve quarterly OKRs on time and with excellent outcomes, closely collaborate with a product manager, designer, and other teams
- Be a role model, technically strong to help your team develop and be able to be hands-on when needed
- Contribute to the product as a backend engineer, designing the new architecture to ensure high performance and seamless user experience for board users….. in real-time!
- Continues to contribute bug fixes and minor features without becoming a bottleneck for the team
What you’ll need
- 7+ years of backend experience in Java (preferred) or other object-oriented programming languages
- 5+ years experience in system designing, coding, testing, and debugging commercial software
- Experience with Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) such as PostgreSQL, MySQL etc.
- 3+ years experience in managing an engineering team, including hiring, personal development, performance management, delivery management
- Upper-Intermediate level of English
What’s in it for you
- Highly competitive salary
- Stock option grant
- Health insurance for you and your family
- Allowance to facilitate current remote working during WFH period
- Help with relocation when back in the office
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Yearly budget for professional growth, internal educational events
Our tech stack
- Java 11, Spring (+Spring Boot), Hazelcast, Redis, PostgreSQL, TestNG & Mockito
- TypeScript, Less, React, React Native, Webpack, Canvas API, AngularJS, CerebralJS
- Maven, Git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket
- AWS (S3, EC2), Docker, Linux