The Collaboration Core team builds a platform for real-time collaboration on the whiteboard.
We develop a collaboration layer on top of which other teams build features. Our focus is on the performance and stability in the face of constant user growth. One of the current goals is holding thousands of online participants for each board session.
Business Logic - Administration
The Business Logic Administration Team is responsible for the organization and team management, settings control, and license management. This team provides frictionless account management and control for account owners and administrators through the effective configuration of policies, onboarding, and navigation experience.
About the role
Miro is a successful and fast growing SaaS company focused on online collaboration tools.
With millions of B2C and B2B/Enterprise customers throughout the globe, we are growing more than 10 times per year and we work hard to provide them with top-notch solutions that enable distributed teams to work effectively together.
You can clearly imagine what this means from a technological perspective: We face and successfully resolve hundreds of challenges every day.
Engineers at Miro deliver the best on the market product solutions. They work on system stability, reliability, scalability and security, all while ensuring top-notch performance and software quality.
We’re looking for experienced backend engineers to join our team on this fantastic journey, working together to ensure that Miro customers get the best experience possible.
What will you do
- Build the product that empowers teams all over the world to create the next big thing
- Create high quality technical design and high quality, self-documented code
- Solve technical problems of high scope and complexity
- Design and implement scalable and high-performing solutions
- Identify synergies between software components and improve efficiency of development and code maintenance
- Keep the product vision in mind while working on details
- Help to build flexible, future-proof solutions
- Continuously improve our agile development process
- Take long-term ownership for feature/subsystem
- Collaborate with teams across Miro to improve our product, architecture, and engineering practices
- Mentor and coach less experienced engineers on the team
What you'll need as an Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Strong experience of of commercial software development using modern programming languages, frameworks, and technologies (Experience building and designing RESTful APIs
- Experience building robust, high-scale, distributed systems in production environments
- Strong Backend experience. Java ecosystem is preferable, but other languages aren't blockers
- Ability and openness to learn, fail, reflect and apply learnings moving forward
- Understanding of high-load architecture and SaaS infrastructure
- You are highly motivated to develop high-quality solutions quickly and without mentorship
- Excellent communication skills
What’s in it for you
- Competitive Equity Package
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
Java 11, Spring (Spring Boot), Hazelcast, Redis, PostgreSQL, Microservice/SOA architecture
Maven, Git, JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket
AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Linux
Frontend: TypeScript, React, React Native, Vanilla JS
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.