About the role
Miro is a successful and fast-growing SaaS company focused on online collaboration tools. With millions of B2C and B2B/Enterprise customers throughout the globe, we are growing more than 10 times per year, and we work hard to provide them with top-notch solutions that enable distributed teams to work effectively together.
You can clearly imagine what this means from a technological perspective: we face and successfully resolve hundreds of challenges every day. Engineers at Miro deliver the best on-the-market product solutions. They work on system stability, reliability, scalability and security, all while ensuring top-notch performance and software quality.
We’re looking for experienced backend engineers to join our team on this fantastic journey, working together to ensure that Miro customers get the best experience possible.
- Java 11, Spring (Spring Boot), Hazelcast, Redis, PostgreSQL, microservice/SOA architecture
- Maven, Git, JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Linux
- Frontend: TypeScript, React, React Native, Vanilla JS
What will you do
- Build the product that empowers teams all over the world to create the next big thing
- Create high quality technical design and high quality, self-documented code
- Solve technical problems of high scope and complexity
- Design and implement scalable and high-performing solutions
- Identify synergies between software components and improve efficiency of development and code maintenance
- Keep the product vision in mind while working on details
- Help to build flexible, future-proof solutions
- Continuously improve our agile development process
- Take long-term ownership for feature/subsystem
- Collaborate with teams across Miro to improve our product, architecture, and engineering practices
- Mentor and coach less experienced engineers on the team
What you'll need as an Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of commercial software development using modern programming languages, frameworks, and technologies (Experience building and designing RESTful APIs)
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Understanding of k8s, microservice concepts, service-to-service interaction at scale
- Experience building high load and large scale distributed systems is a big plus
- Experience working in an agile, cross-functional team and in a fast-paced environment
- Ability and openness to learn, fail, reflect and apply learnings moving forward
- Curiosity and strong collaboration skills
- Passion for quality
- Good communication skills
- Upper-Intermediate level of English or higher
As a Backend engineer at Miro, you might contribute to multiple products. However, should you feel that your knowledge, expertise and experience would be particularly valuable to one or several domains below, please let us know what would be the best fit:
Core product is focused on building value for end users personas while delivering that value incorporating enterprise requirements. The team is focused on supporting basic user flows by providing core product services, such as whiteboarding (board), business logic (dashboard and settings), and packaging them for different clients and device types. They provide building blocks and enablers that can be extended and packaged for serving different use cases by other streams.
STABILITY & SCALABILITY
Stabililty & Scalability is in charge of reliability of Miro. The streams is focused on making Miro 99,999% available, keeping data safe and secure, etc. This stream also supports other streams in case of scalable solutions to build on top of. The stream's core expertise is building reliable solutions at scale.
Use Cases stream is focused on the verticalisation of Miro — providing end-to-end user experience and packaging for specific biggest user scenarios. Current focus is building Meetings & Workshop Experience and Mapping and Diagramming as a part of the core Use Cases.
What's in it for you
- Highly competitive salary
- Stock option grant
- Health insurance for you and your family
- Allowance to facilitate current remote working during WFH period
- Help with relocation when back in the office
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Yearly budget for professional growth, internal educational events
When we go back to the office, it’ll be a modern office in Perm Digital Port with free parking, a river view, a volleyball court, fun parties, awesome corporate-branded stuff and breakfasts and dinners provided.
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!