About the teams
As a Backend engineer at Miro, you might contribute to multiple products. However, should you feel that your knowledge, expertise and experience would be particularly valuable to one or several domains below, please let us know what would be the best fit.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
Imagine Miro being used by a team of thousands. Enterprise stream makes larger customers work efficiently, smart and provides them the best possible Miro experience. We're focused on making our product compliant with security requirements of big deployments, improving in-product user and administrators experience, increasing integration with enterprise IT ecosystem and empowering our customers to make the right decisions with insights and analytics
PLATFORM & STRATEGIC INTEGRATIONS
Platform & Strategic Integrations is creating a vibrant third party developer ecosystem around Miro, and developing deep integrations with the top tier vendors in key verticals, including collaboration, messaging, planning, and design.
Responsibilities include the APIs and SDKs required to develop apps and integrations, developer experience, developer relations, app discovery and installation, app integrity, enterprise app management, and the shared infrastructure and governance models needed for teams at Miro to take a "platform first" approach to product development.
STABILITY & SCALABILITY
Stability & Scalability is in charge of the reliability of Miro. The stream is focused on making Miro 99.999% available, keeping data safe and secure; they also support other streams in terms of scalable solutions to build on top of. Their core expertise is in building reliable solutions at scale so they build service-oriented architecture from scratch and improve our storages.
GROWTH & SELF SERVE BUSINESS
Growth and Self Serve Business is focused on distributing and activating value for end users, and delivering monetization for self-serve customers. Expertise and focus sit in running a large volume of experiments, building viral loops, and working on retention and engagement with the product.
Use Cases stream is focused on the verticalization of Miro — providing end-to-end user experience and packaging for specific biggest user scenarios. Current focus is building Meetings & Workshop Experience and Mapping and Diagramming as a part of the core Use Cases.
About the role
Miro is a successful and fast-growing SaaS company focused on online collaboration tools. With millions of B2C and B2B/Enterprise customers throughout the globe, we are growing more than 10 times per year, and we work hard to provide them with top-notch solutions that enable distributed teams to work effectively together.
You can clearly imagine what this means from a technological perspective: We face and successfully resolve hundreds of challenges every day. Engineers at Miro deliver the best on-the-market product solutions. They work on system stability, reliability, scalability and security, all while ensuring top-notch performance and software quality.
We’re looking for experienced backend engineers to join our team on this fantastic journey, working together to ensure that Miro customers get the best experience possible.
What you'll do
- Build the product that empowers teams all over the world to create the next big thing
- Create high quality technical design and high quality, self-documented code
- Solve technical problems of high scope and complexity
- Design and implement scalable and high-performing solutions
- Identify synergies between software components and improve efficiency of development and code maintenance
- Keep the product vision in mind while working on details
- Help to build flexible, future-proof solutions
- Continuously improve our agile development process
- Take long-term ownership for feature/subsystem
- Collaborate with teams across Miro to improve our product, architecture, and engineering practices
- Mentor and coach less experienced engineers on the team
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of commercial software development using modern programming languages, frameworks, and technologies (Experience building and designing RESTful APIs)
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Understanding of k8s, microservice concepts, service-to-service interaction at scale
- Experience building high load and large scale distributed systems is a big plus
- Experience working in an agile, cross-functional team and in a fast-paced environment
- Ability and openness to learn, fail, reflect and apply learnings moving forward
- Curiosity and strong collaboration skills
- Passion for quality
- Good communication skills
- Fluent in English
What's in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Our tech stack
- Java 11, Spring (Spring Boot), Hazelcast, Redis, PostgreSQL, Microservice/SOA Architecture
- Maven, Git, JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Linux
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!