About the role
Millions of customers all over the world rely on Miro to provide a flawless experience while running collaborative sessions with hundreds of simultaneous participants working on the same board. We design and deliver product solutions for both end customers and Fortune 100 companies. This level of responsibility requires excellence in creating, designing, developing, and delivering every piece of functionality that we launch.
We are looking for experienced frontend engineers to help build a future where there are no boundaries to distributed and remote working. If you are an engineering leader who can drive the architecture and technical capabilities of Miro to the next level, we want to hear from you.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs, and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
What you'll do
- Actively participate in the analysis of initial issues & goals, do research and determine solutions’ requirements
- Design and implement scalable and high-performing solutions
- Make architectural decisions and recommendations for converting successful prototypes into mature products
- Collaborate with teams across Miro to improve our product, architecture, and engineering practices
- Think about UX and make it better
- Solve technical problems of large scope and complexity
- Create high-quality technical design documentation considering the product requirements
- Take long-term responsibility for the team’s domain area
- Drive and develop technical expertise growth within the team
What you'll need
- 5+ years of experience building frontend applications using modern programming languages, frameworks, and technologies
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Strong expertise in decomposing product requirements and creating a technical design
- Understanding how to apply testing at different levels within a technical design, unit-, integration- and acceptance testing of front end applications
- Understanding the impact of non-functional requirements such as performance and security on both coding practice and technical architecture.
- Critical thinking: balance short-term needs with long-term goals
- Experience working in an agile, cross-functional team and in a fast-paced environment
- Ability and openness to learn, fail, reflect and apply learnings moving forward
- Curiosity and strong collaboration skills
- Passion for quality
- Good communication skills
- Fluent in English
About the teams
As a Frontend engineer at Miro, you might be contributing to multiple projects. However, should you feel that your knowledge, expertise and experience should be particularly valuable to one or several domains below, please let us know what would be the best fit:
Imagine Miro being used by a team of thousands. Enterprise stream makes larger customers work efficiently, smart and provides them the best possible Miro experience. We're focused on making our product compliant with security requirements of big deployments, improving in-product user and administrators experience, increasing integration with enterprise IT ecosystem and empowering our customers to make the right decisions with insights and analytics
GROWTH & SELF SERVE BUSINESS
Growth and Self Serve Business is focused on distributing and activating value for end users, and delivering monetization for self-serve customers. Expertise and focus sit in running a large volume of experiments, building viral loops, and working on retention and engagement with the product.
Workflows stream is focused on end-to-end experiences for the most popular and impactful scenarios and user personas of Miro. It is one of the fastest growing areas of the business with a lot of opportunities to make significant impact and revolutionise the way people work together. While the core product stream is providing a visual collaboration tool that can be valuable across a broad set of use cases and personas, the workflows stream is diving deeper into specific needs and problems of selected personas ensuring that we optimise our solution for these.
Developers have freedom to experiment, to influence how collaboration on the Miro board would look like and think about our customers' experience. Check it out on this awesome video!
Developer Platform is creating a vibrant third party developer ecosystem around Miro, and developing deep integrations with the top tier vendors in key verticals, including collaboration, messaging, planning, and design.
Responsibilities include the APIs and SDKs required to develop apps and integrations, developer experience, developer relations, app discovery and installation, app integrity, enterprise app management, and the shared infrastructure and governance models needed for teams at Miro to take a "platform first" approach to product development.
Our tech stack
- React, TypeScript, Less, Webpack, Canvas API
- Git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket
What's in it for you
- Competitive equity package
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.