About the role
At Miro we aspire to become a world class engineering organisation and to that end we are making a lot of changes to our architecture and processes: Architecture roadmap, Microservices, Testing frameworks, Kubernetes, Observability and SRE, to name just a few.
At the same time we are hiring as fast as we can to do all this work, grow Miro across the globe and deliver new exciting features and capabilities to our users.
With all these changes going on, how do we know if the changes we are making are having a positive impact?
This is where the engineering productivity metrics come in. By visualising these metrics on a team, stream and Miro engineering level we can see the impact of the changes we are making.
Trial new ideas from teams to improve our engineering processes and tools and roll out the ones that prove to be successful across all our teams.
Metrics help us steer the continuous improvement process inside Miro Engineering and at the same time also visualise what we value about engineering quality & speed.
We are looking for a project manager to oversee, drive and execute the development of the Miro Engineering Metrics Platform as well as implement a change management framework, empowering engineering teams to use metrics data to make more informed decisions on all stages of SDLC.
What you'll do
- Drive the development of a single end-to-end system of reports - Miro Engineering Metrics Platform - in Looker/Snowflake or other data exploration/BI/Warehouse software, that allows to measure and easily understand engineering efficiency, identify bottlenecks and challenges and come up with action points for improvements.
- Drive the implementation of metrics based change management framework across the engineering organisation.
- Build the continuous feedback system to drive further development and improvement of Miro Engineering Metrics Platform.
What you’ll need
- Ability to manage complex projects, either independently or as part of a wider organization
- Engineering background: deep understanding of SDLC from engineering perspective
- Deep analytical skills: ability to detect gaps in data and dive deep to understand the root cause of a problem.
- Experience with working on similar engineering productivity metrics related projects
- Or working on complex projects outside of the candidate knowledge area with the proven success
- Familiarity with BI software
- Experience with working closely with analytics department or another proven experience understanding/interpreting figures and coming up with actionable insights based on them
- 3+ years of experience with Jira, Confluence, and other project/program management frameworks and tools
- Familiarity with engineering productivity tools would be a big plus
What’s in it for you
- Competitive equity package
- Medical insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Our tech stack
- Maven, Git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket
- Looker, Snowflake
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.