About the team
Miro boards are used for a broad variety of use cases by people with diverse roles and responsibilities. Our Use Cases stream is focused on providing best in class experiences for vertical applications and flows, representing specific usage of Miro.
Examples of such use cases are:
1) creating a specific experience for preparing, facilitating and participating in online workshops and participatory meetings, or
2) creating easily sharable diagrams, flows, and charts in Miro or
3) create an application to automatically gather and cluster content such that it supports convergence of information and consensus building.
These and many other examples are specific experiences that the Use Cases stream will provide to Miro customers!
About the role
As Senior Product Designer you’ll be contributing to the creation of use case driven features and experiences, helping large groups of specific user types of Miro achieve their goals better and getting more value from our product.
You will work closely with product management and design leadership to identify and solve user pain points as well as find new opportunities to create delightful interactions that will make users feel empowered and successful in using the product and exceeding their expectations.
This role requires a high level of interaction, user experience and visual design skills to lead and shape our product at a fast-moving pace whilst maintaining a high bar of product quality.
Designers participate in all steps of the value creation process: observing users and usage, defining problems and points of friction, exploring the potential solutions, testing both assumptions and solutions, then launching it, followed by measuring success.
We work at physical hubs with a hybrid model of 3 days a week in office culture as the baseline. Right now we are fully remote, yet we plan to continue fostering our vibrant collaborative community in person as soon as it’s safe.
What you’ll do
- Design flows and features for identified strategic Miro use cases
- Collaborate with product management, user research and analytics to understand target users, the context and the competitive landscape. Frame and articulate the design problem
- Lead the end-to-end design process, from effective problem framing, through ideation, storyboarding and advanced prototyping, ending with user validated high-fidelity designs
- Validate your solutions with real users and customers, using both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Collaborate with engineers to reach high-quality, delightful and bug-free products
- Measure the success of your decisions with the team and iterate when needed
- Help to grow our design team, improve processes, participate in broader design team topics and activities
What you’ll Need
- 5+ years of product design experience
- Experience with data informed design process, paired with creativity and original thinking
- Experience in creating complex, multi-input interactions, experiences and end-to-end flows, prototypes, with high-fidelity visuals
- Advanced prototyping skills, basic coding knowledge preferred
- Experience in validating design solutions using qualitative and quantitative methods
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Cross-functional collaboration mindset
Nice to have
- Experience using Miro
- Passion for complex problem solving and visual communication
- Experience with designing productivity apps
- Enjoy creating sophisticated prototypes
What’s in it for you
- Work and learn in a great, experienced and professional design team
- Fundamentally impact the way people work and collaborate
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With around 10 million users and counting, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!