About the team
“Meetings and Workshops” is a newly formed team, with it’s self-explanatory naming. During the ‘work from home’ and rise of remote situations globally, it has become crucial to have an online tool you can rely on as a team. M&W is all about capturing creativity and maintaining productivity in the new reality we have all entered into as a society.
Learn more about our stream structure, please check this board out.
About the role
As a Head of Workshops Design, you'll be responsible for shaping the online meetings and workshops experience within Miro for millions of users worldwide.
This role requires an excellent understanding of human-centered approaches in design, ability to organize and energize the end-to-end product design process as an integral part of the broader product development flow.
We are looking for a reliable leader striving to deliver the best possible user experience to the market by incorporating and balancing users’ perspectives, business needs, and tech possibilities.
For us, the Head of Workshops Design is a strategic thinker with a solid craft in their hands. They can operate on different levels of abstraction: from starting with the visionary statements, then strategizing its delivery to hands-on-deck skills like crafting the UX deliverables and design-directing the iconography.
The ability to come up with beautiful ideas and concepts, transforming its complex logic into elegant, easy-to-use solutions, and then executing it with excellence within your team is the key to success in the role.
What you’ll do
- Own the Workshop and Meeting product stream from the design standpoint
- Partner with Product, Engineering, Data, and Marketing counterparts to shape and strategize the Meetings and Workshop domain
- Hire, lead, and mentor the product design team for Workshops
- Manage design team performance, workload, and career development
- Provide design critique and reviews in a supportive and constructive way
- Evolve the processes within the border org to optimize for efficiency
- Nurture and champion the culture at Miro
What you’ll need
- 10+ years of product design experience, and preferably user research
- 5+ years of experience in hiring, scaling, and managing a design team
- 2+ years of experience designing, and facilitating workshops, especially in online environments
- Understanding of business and product metrics, as well as data-literacy
- Strategic and critical thinking in a pair with mental flexibility and openness
- Capabilities to strategize and execute end-to-end design process: defining problems, generating solutions, producing UX deliverables and high-fidelity design, testing and implementing it, then measuring the success of your work and iterating if needed
- Skills to manage stakeholders, team, projects, and resources
What’s in it for you
- Build and lead a large successful product design
- Fundamentally impact the way people work and collaborate
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With around 10 million users and counting, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!