About the team
The platform’s goal is to extend the power of visual collaboration to everyone, everywhere. To do so we are developing public APIs, SDKs, a Whiteboard-as-a-Service kit, and deep integrations into the leading online collaboration tools and platforms. Developers can integrate Miro into their own products, or build apps and integrations that extend the Miro whiteboard experience, and which can be distributed privately or published on the Miro Marketplace.
We already have over 200 apps built on our initial platform release, but this is just the beginning of our journey. Join us to create the platform on which the next big thing will be built!
See how our community members share their experience using the platform - Building Miro Plugins is Literally Life Changing
Learn more about the colorful design team and our culture: https://miro.design/
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
Learn more about our stream structure, please check this board out.
About the role
In this role, you will work with the team designing tools and features that create the foundational experiences for Miro’s platform. You will be part of a team that is defining the future of Miro and looking at how we scale to meet a wide variety of use cases with a major focus on collaboration, meetings, and workshops.
You’ll be responsible for producing end-to-end, holistic user experiences and eng ready design deliverables, maintaining a high-bar of visual quality, with structure that ensures ease-of-understanding by users.
Working closely with many of the world’s largest and most successful software platforms to bring the power of Miro to their products. Your work will be fundamental to the adoption of the Miro platform and the growth of our developer community.
What you’ll do
- Work with key partners across the business to develop solutions through conceptualization, exploration and user validation
- Formulate hypotheses together with Product Managers and turn them into high-quality design solutions
- Partner with UXR on users perspectives and competitive landscape to generate solutions
- Work with the cross-functional team to further flesh out the design system underpinning our product's user experience
- Run end-to-end design processes for a variety of initiatives within your team(s) and validate your solutions with users, using both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Create UX deliverables as well as visual and interaction design for your initiatives
- Collaborate with developers to reach high-quality implementations
- Measure the success of your decisions with the team and iterate when needed
What you’ll Need
- 5+ years experience as a product designer building and shipping applications or software — prior experience working major marketplaces/vendors is a big plus
- Ability to solve complex problems with a systematic approach and attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Experience clearly and succinctly articulating the goals and concepts of a project to internal/external and executive stakeholders
- Experience showcasing your end-to-end design process across multiple projects, that include interaction and visual design artifacts, multiple iterations, high-fidelity prototypes, and consideration of the impact and scale of work
- Experience connecting your work with other related initiatives across the company while driving collaboration
- Strong understanding of technologies used to build modern digital experiences, agile workflows, and a familiarity with the fundamentals of front-end development, accessibility and usability
- Bonus: Proficiency with coding and coding environments. While designers at Miro are not always expected to code, a deep understanding of modern development technologies, developer motivations and pain points will be extremely useful for this role.
What’s in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!